Veg chow mein | How to Make Veg Chow Mein at Home | Veg Chow mein recipe
Veg chow mein | How to Make Veg Chow Mein at Home | Veg Chow mein recipe
Veg chow mein | How to Make Veg Chow Mein at Home | Veg Chow mein recipe – Here are the step by step photo instructions to make veg chow mein at home. Chow mein is one of the popular street foods in India. For me Veg Chow mein means a long & perfect boiled noodle with lots of favorite veggies.
Here, I am going to share a very easy and delicious veg chow mein recipe with you. In this post you will find many interesting things about noodles.
There are many varieties in noodle recipes like, hakka noodles, chicken noodle, veg noodles, schezwan noodles, egg noodles and many more. In this all I think veg chowmein is easy to make.
In my family, we all love this preparation. Veg chow mein is a dish which has its own fan base and there is no differentiation in this age group of fans. So it would be great if you could cook this dish on the weekend and offer to everyone.
I have already shared egg noodles recipe with you. In this egg noodles recipe you will find recipe for making raw noodles too. Here is the recipe – Egg noodles recipe.
- Rajma Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Kadhi Pakora Recipe
- Easy Mango Chutney Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
In my house my younger sister always wants to eat this veg chowmein. Actually the story behind how chow mein was introduced to my younger sister is, when she was 4 year old my grandpa took her to the garden to play with her friends.
The garden is situated next to our house and it was surrounded with lots of street food sellers. A shop space in front of that garden was empty. I had never seen a shop in that place since my childhood.
And that day when my grandfather and younger sister went to the garden, she saw a man making veg chow mein at that place. She was very happy to see the chow mein and she insisted on eating it from our grandfather. From that day, she started eating food every day, so my aunt started making chow mein at home.
I am sharing the same chow mein recipe with you from my home kitchen. This recipe is easy and perfect in taste. You just need to follow the step by step photo instruction and use the same quantity of ingredients & your tasty veg chow mien will be ready in no time.
Veg Chow Mein Ingredients
- 1 Packet Noodles
- 1 Bowl Cabbage
- ½ Bowl Carrot
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 Sliced Onion
- 3 Chopped Green chili
- ½ bowl Coriander leaves
- 3 Green onion
- 1 inch piece of Ginger
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves
- ½ tsp Soya sauce
- 2 tsp Green chili sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tomato ketchup
- ½ tsp Red chili sauce
- 1 tsp Black pepper powder
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 4 Glass of Water
Process to make veg chowmein
- Step 1:- First take noodles. (here you can use egg noodles, we’re using plain noodles). Add water, salt and oil in a pan. Let water come to a rolling boil. Now boil noodles on high flame for 5 minutes. Noodles should be springy but not too soft.
- Step 2:- Then turn the gas flame off and strain the water immediately from noodles and remove off excess water by shaking the sieve. Now add 1 tsp of oil and toss the noodles (this process will prevent noodles from sticking together). Leave noodles in a sieve and keep it aside.
- Step 3:- Now heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in the pan. Let the oil heat up and add chopped ginger and garlic in a hot oil. Fry them well for 1 30 seconds on high flame. Stir it continuously, it will prevent ginger and garlic from burning.
- Step 4:- Add sliced onion and fry it well. Now add carrot and fry again. We’re doing this frying process on high flame.
- Step 5:- Onion and carrot are softened now so add capsicum and fry until it will get the same texture. Fry for 30 seconds and add cabbage in this veggies mixture. You will need to cover the pan to cook the cabbage. So cover the pan and cook this mixture for 1 minute.
- Step 6:- Now add spring onion and fry it well. Spring onion does not need much time to get the soft texture..
- Step 7:- Add salt and sugar and give a good mix to this veggie mixture. Let this all cook for 1 minute.
- Step 8:- After one minute add boiled noodles in this mixture. Mix this well and then add black pepper powder and mixture of sources which includes (soya sauce, green chili sauce, red chili sauce, tomato ketchup & vinegar). Now mix this all together for 30 seconds.
- Step 9:- Now add green chili and coriander leaves in these noodles. Again mix for a while and add garam masala in it. Here, I am using TATA Sampana garam masala. You can use the available one. Mix it well and cover the noodles for 30 seconds and turn off the gas. Veg Chowmein is ready to serve.
This was the process to make veg chow mein at home. Below are the step by step photo instructions to make chow mein. You just need to follow this instructions and your veg chow mein will be ready in minutes.
How to make veg chow mein at home?
1.Heat a pan.
2. Add 4 glasses of water (1liter).
3. Also add salt.
4. Add 1 tsp oil.
5. Add noodles in warm water. (We’re using plain noodles; you can use egg or hakka noodle).
6. Boil noodles on high flame for 5 minutes.
7. Noodles are boiled.
8. Strain the water.
9. Now add 1 tsp of oil to the noodles.
10. Toss noodles with oil and keep it aside.
11. Heat a pan
12. Add oil.
13. Add chopped ginger and garlic in oil.
14. Fry well.
15. Now add onion in oil.
16. Fry onion well.
17. Now add carrots.
18. Fry it well.
19. Add capsicum.
20. Fry again.
21. Add cabbage.
22. Mix the veggies.
23. Cover and cook for 1 minute.
24.Now add spring onion & green chilies.
25. Mix well.
26. Now add salt & sugar.
27. Mix all together.
28. Let the veggies cook for 1 minute.
29. Now add boiled noodles in the mixture of veggies.
30. Mix all together.
31. Add black pepper powder.
32. Add a mixture of sources which includes (soya sauce, green chili sauce, red chili sauce, tomato ketchup & vinegar).
33. Let’s mix all together.
34. Add green chilies & onion green.
35. Mix well.
34. Cover and cook for 30 seconds.
35. Remove the lid.
36. Add garam masala.
37. Mix all well.
38. Veg chow mein is ready to serve.
Making noodles is a really very amazing task. You will need to follow very easy steps and delicious & healthy noodles will be ready in a minute. To make this veg chow mein you can use any noodles, but just you have to boil it springy & chewy. If you like to eat veggies then add your favorite leafy veggies in these noodles.
When I went to hostel for my higher studies. In my hostel, we used to have a food dish list for everyday basis. In breakfast two types of food, in lunch roti, sabji, dal, rice, salad, achar & papad and in dinner, rice roti, curry, sukhi sanji (dry veggie), achar, papad and salad. We also used to have milk at night. Hostel was very good and the food was also good too.
Every Saturday in the hostel, we used to eat a plate of noodles for dinner. In this dish, there used to be all kinds of Chinese food eg., fried rice, noodles, Manchurian, chutney, soybean chili and soup.
Me and friends. we all love to eat that thali. In this thali my favorite item was noodles. The cook of our hostel used to cook delicious noodles. Even the chutney he used to make was truly delicious.
In the monsoon season, the hostel cook uncle used to make soup with this Chinese thali and that soup was made with different types of veggies. That soup was healthy & delicious too. This is my golden memory for my favorite noodles. Hostel days was really golden days for me.
Come back to our veg chow mein recipe. Gather all simple ingredients and make noodles at home. I am sure you will like the taste of these noodles.
- Use of garam masala is optional, if you want then you can use noodles masala.
- Here I am using plain noodles, you can use available one.
- You have scope to use available veggies.
- Do not skip use of black pepper.
- Combination of sauces is very important part of this recipe.
- Spring onion give a slightly different taste to this veg chow mein recipe.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this recipe and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make YouTube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.
7 thoughts on “Veg chow mein | How to Make Veg Chow Mein at Home | Veg Chow mein recipe”
Easy and yummy
Thank you so much for your valuable time and words.
ohh, I am glad that you like the taste.
Pingback: The 13 Spices You will Need to cook Delicious Indian Dishes - akuner
Pingback: Veg Fried Rice Recipe | Leftover Rice Recipes | Bazar Jaisa Fried Rice
Pingback: veg pockets recipe | how to make veg pockets at home