Ukadiche Modak Recipe | Modak Recipes for Ganesha Chaturthi | 2 Recipes of Naivedhyam
Ganpati Bappa Morya! We all are waiting for our traditional festival “Ganesh Puja / Ganesh chaturthi” and Modak is the Maharashtriean sweet dish made with rice flour and coconut puding. Specially this is the “Naivedhyam” offers to Lord Ganesha on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. Many type of Modak recipes are available, but Ukadiche modak or steamed modak are traditional form of modak. In this post you will get the step by step instructions with photos for ukadiche modak Recipe / steamed modak Recipe and Instant Modak Recipe.
I wish all my blog readers a very happy Ganesh chaturthi, I pray that Lord Ganesha will blessed you with all the prosperity and good luck. Mangalmurti Morya! Enjoy the sweet coconut filling in very soft cooked rice coating and other one “Naivedhyam” menu. The taste of this Ukadiche Modak is just awesome. In this post you will get the 2 recipes of Modak for Naivedyam including ukadiche Modak.
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Brinjal Masala Recipe-1
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Safed Matar Recipe
- Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
There are many recipes available for the Naivedhyam but this post will provide you the step by step image instruction to make Ukadiche modak and instant Modak. The modak is made by using the coconut and dry fruits sweet pudding. This instant modak is very good choice to make on the occasion of festivals. As we have many work to do and have the busy schedule on festivals, so making time consuming food is really not possible to everyone. To solve this problem I am sharing with you the instant Modak recipe. Try this recipe at home and don’t forget to tell me which one you like the most!
Ukadiche modak is the very unique and special Marathi delicacy recipe, Ukadiche Modak word means “Steamed modak”. This preparation is very famous in Maharashtra and South India. You can make Modak fried or steamed, it is depend upon your choice and taste. Modak means the sweet dumplings which is very popular in Maharashtra and mainly cook for Lord Ganesha on the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, as it has his own importance in the worship of the God Ghanesh (Elephant God-Ganesha).
- Serve For : 4 People (Prasadam)
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Cuisine : Marathi Recipe
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Naivedyam
- Author : Akuner Evahgi
The above time you will required only to make Ukadiche Modak. Making instant modak will take only 15 to 20 minutes. So firstly make the list and gather all the required ingredients at one place. Firstly I will going to share Ukadiche modak recipe with you and the after will cook Instant Modak. Let’s start!
Ingredients for Ukadiche Modak Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice flour
- 1 Cup Coconut powder
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery
- Dry fruits
- cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Banana leaf
- 1 tsp oil
- Food color
We have to cook two type of modak, so let’s start to make Ukadiche modak first and after that, we will cook Instant Modak. In this post you will get total 2 Naivedhyam recipe out of this two, one is Ukadiche Modak and second is Instant Modak recipe. Soon I am going to share instant laddu recipe with you. In west Bengal this laddu known as Naru, which is traditional dish to be make on Maa Laxmi Puja.
Check instant Modak recipe below👇 the Ukadiche Modak recipe image instructions.
Process to make Ukadiche Modak
- Step 1: Take rice flour in one bowl. Add 2 cup of water in one pan and heat the pan, also add a tsp ghee and pinch of salt in this water. Let the water boil.
- Step 2: Now water is boiling add rice flour in the boiling water and mix it well. Cover the pan and let it steam for 15 minutes. Meanwhile make the stuffing for Ukaduche Modak.
- Step 3: Heat the pan and pore 1 tsp ghee in it. After ghee is warm add coconut powder in the ghee and fry it well. Now add powdered jagrey in the fried coconut powder and mix it well. Let the jagrey liquified.
- Step 4: Add dry fruits once jagry liquified and jell with the coconut powder. Mix this all mixture well and let it fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5: Now stuffing for Ukadiche Modak is ready. Take the steamed rice flour out of the pan and let it cool. Mix this flour and make soft dough out of it. Add 1 tsp ghee and warm water while kneading the dough.
- Step 6: Dough is ready. Apply ghee or oil in your palms. Now make small ball out of the dough, flatten it and start rolling to round disk by pressing your thumps center side of the ball. Small rolled roti is ready. Make a press on the edge and make potli, fill the sweet stuffing and close the potli by bringing all edge together and join them, remove extra portion of the small dough ball / potli from the top, if it is there. Shape the top of the modak with your fingers and give it the proper modak shape.
- Step 7: After making all the modak, cut the banana leaf in round shape which is fit with your steamer. Also add little amount of oil on banana leaf so modak will not stick to it.
- Step 8: Now place the modak in steamer plate. Take 1 tsp of milk ad saffron in it and pitch of pink or yellow food color. Pore drop of this milk on the top of the modak, it will give very good look to your Ukadiche Modak.
- Step 9: cover this steamer with a lot and stem the Modak for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame. Check after 15 minutes modak steamed or not by the toothpick or fingers. I usually check by my fingers. But if your doing first time don’t do this by using your fingers. Sometime possible that Modak may crack, so don’t worry, it is normal if your making Ukadiche modak first time.
- Step 10: Modak is steamed now. Your Ukadiche modak is ready to offer to Lord Ganesha. Take banana leaf and serve this modak to Bhagwan Ganesha with love and respect.
Check Instant Modak recipe below👇 the Ukadiche Modak recipe image instructions.
Above is the process for Ukadiche Modak and below is step by step image instruction to make Ukadiche modak. Our second recipe is Instant modak, to make the instant modak check the recipe after image instructions of Ukadiche Modak.
How to make Modak / Ukadiche Modak Recipe?
This is the step by step image instructions to make Ukadiche modak at home. Just follow the below steps and your Ukadiche modak will ready!
1.Take the pan and heat the water.
2. Add salt in the water, mix it well.
3. Now add ghee in the water.
4. Add rice flour in this hot water.
5. Mix it well.
6. Cover the pan for 10 minutes.
7. Start to make stuffing. Take the pan and heat the ghee. Add coconut powder in the hot ghee.
8. Add jaggery powder in this fried coconut powder.
9. Mix all together and add cardamom powder in the mixture. Mix it again.
10. Now add dry fruits in this mixture and let the mixture fry well.
11. Turn off the flame sweet stuffing is ready. Check rice flour is cooked or not, if yes! Then take rice flour kit of the pan and let it cool.
13. Rice flour is cool now. Pore 1 tsp of ghee and start kneading soft dough by adding warm water.
14. Dough is ready. Take one flat surface and make this dough soft again before making modak.
15. Now make small ball out of the dough.
16. Flatten it and start rolling to round disk by pressing your thumps center side of the ball. Small rolled roti is ready.
16. Place sweet stuffing in this roti or you can make potli first, by pressing the edges.
17. Start rolling the modak and give proper modak shape to it. Remove the extra dough from top of the modak, if it is there.
18. Modak is ready, now start steaming process. Take one banana leaf and place it in steamer plate, also pore little about of oil on the banana leaf.
19. Place all modak on the banana leaf.
20. Take 1 tsp of milk and add pinch of your favorite food color and saffron in it.
21. Pore the drop of the milk on modak.
22. Cover this steamer with a lot and stem the Modak for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame.
23. Check after 15 to 20 minutes. Ukadiche modak is ready.
Modak is ready now. Take banana leaf and place this colourful Ukadiche Modak on it and offer it to lord Ganesha with love. If you are thinking this is very time consuming then I have another “Instant Modak Recipe” for you. If you like this post the don not forget to sprade love with your family and friends by sharing this post with them. Sharing this post with your loved one you will help them a lot in this busy days of festivals.
Below is the Recipe for Instant Modak👇
Ingredients for Instant Modak Recipe
- 1 cup Maida flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 small bowl coconut powder
- 1/2 small bowl sugar
- 2 tsp dry fruits
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp oil
- Banana leaf
Process for Instant Modak Recipe
- Step 1: Take one mixing bowl and add Maida flour and wheat flour in the bowl. Also add pinch of salt and pore 1 tsp of oil or ghee in the flour. Knead and make soft dough out of it.
- Step 2: Now take another bowl and add coconut powder, dry fruits and sugar in the bowl. Mix it well.
- Step 3: Take small ball out of the dough and make small roti out of it. Place the sweet stuffing in this small rolled roti. You can also make potli before placing stuffing by pressing edge of the rolled roti.
- Step 4: Close the rolled roti / potli by bringing all edge together and join them, remove extra portion of the small dough ball / potli from the top, if it is there. Shape the top of the modak with your fingers and give it the proper modak shape.
- Step 5: Take the pan and heat the oil. Fry this modak in hot oil until it convert into the golden color. Serve and decorate this Instant modak on banana leaf.
How to make Instant Modak at home?
This is the step by step image instructions to make Instant modak at home. Just follow the below steps and your Instant modak will ready!
1.Take one mixing bowl and add Maida flour and wheat flour in this bowl. Add oil and pinch of slat in the flour.
2. Make the soft dough out of it.
3. Take coconut powder in one bowl.
4. Add sugar in the coconut powder.
5. Now add dry fruits in the coconut powder. Mix it well and keep it aside.
6. Now make small ball out of the dough.
7. Roll the roti.
8. Make the potli by pressing the edges of the dough.
9. Potli is ready.
9. Fill the sweet stuffing in it and join the edges of the rolled roti. Give shape of the modak.
10. Heat the oil.
11. Start frying this modak in hot oil on low flame.
12. Fry Modak until it convert into the golden brown color.
13. Instant modak is ready decorate it on the banana leaf and offer it to Load Ganesh with love.
Naivadhyam is ready. Two easy recipes for naivedhyam is here. All divoties offer every type of Modak to Lord Ganesha because Modak and laddu are very special and favorite food of Bhagwan Ganesha. On the occasion of the Ganesha Chaturthi we worship Deva Ganesha for next 10 days till Anant Chaturdashi and offers many food to the Deva Ganesha.
- While making Ukadiche Modak make sure that the rice flour is cooked perfectly and dough is soft.
- After Rice flour is cooked and you already knead the dough, knead it again before making Modak Potli.
- You can any food color for decoration, but use pinch of food color only.
- If rice flour dough is not cooked then make the dough and keep it in steamer for 10 minutes.
- If you do not make potli or press edges of the flatten roti is totally fine. Place the sweet stuffing in the flatten roti and take all edges together with care and make the Modak.
- While Making Instant Modak keep safe distance with you and frying pan.
- Making the stuffing is very easy just follow the step in right way as given.
- You can add poppy seeds in stuffing for Ukadiche Modak.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.