Shev Recipe | Sev Recipe
Shev Recipe | How to Make Different type of Besan Shev at Home | Phiki Sev Recipe | Spicy Shev Recipe
Shev Recipe – Wondering! how to make tasty & crispy shev at home? Then here the best shev recipe is available only for you. This recipe is less time consuming and very easy too. Shev is a preparation of gram flour, red chili and salt, but here I am sharing with you a unique recipe with some added tips to make your shev recipe awesome. Here you will get the step by step photo instructions for shev recipe. Sev is one of the must cook snacks on Diwali. Enjoy the piquant and crispy shev recipes on this Diwali.
What is included in this post:-
- Spicy Besan Shev Recipe
- Shev recipe | Phiki Sev Recipe
Diwali is a festival of lights, which is conmanly celebrate for 5 days long. It is have an idea that, on this day the Lord Rama returned to Ayodhya Nagri (which is his place ) after the 14 year of exile. So on this auspicious occasion of Diwali, we are going to cook Diwali Faral or Diwali special recipes in akuner’s kitchen. I have already shared Shankarpali recipe, Poha chivda recipe and many other recipe for Diwali. You can find this recipe below.
- Poha Chivda Recipe
- Shankarpali Recipe
- Colorful Chirote Recipe – Marathi Traditional Recipe
- 3 Best Recipes of Champakali
- Ladoo Recipes
- Kaju Katli Recipe
Shev is a deep fried snacks made with gram flour and salt. This snack is looks like a crispy noodle, so do not waste time let’s start to make our first type of shev recipe, which is spicy besan shev recipe.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 7 Minutes
- Total Time : 12 Minutes
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Snacks / Faral
1.Spicy Shev Recipe:-
On the occasion of Diwali you will find many type of dishes in every household. Chirote, Poha Chivda, Shankarpli, Kaju Katli and many other sweets are to be cook on this delightful moment. Shev recipe is a relish snack to offer to your friends and family. If you like this palate food then it is also good to pair with tea. In my house we commonly eat shev bhel in the evening snacks. I really like this flavorful snack, mainly the bhel preparation of spicy shev. So let’s start to make this savor snack recipe.
Ingredient to make Spicy Besan Shev Recipe
- 2 Cup Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Lal Chili powder
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp oil for kneading the dough
- 1 tsp Hing / asafetida
- 6 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Water as required
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- Salt as required
To make this spicy besan shev | gram flour shev you will need above ingredients and mould. Chakali Mould | Chakali Maker is easily available in the market.
Process to Make Spicy Besan Shev Recipe
- Step 1:- Firstly take 2 cup gram flour in one big size mixing bowl. Now add Ajwain, cumin seeds, red chili powder, Kashmiri Lal red chili powder, turmeric powder, asafetida, coriander powder and salt. Also add soda and oil. Now start kneading the shev besan dough.
- Step 2:- knead soft dough by using water. Now dough is ready. keep it aside. Heat the oil for frying the spicy shev.
- Step 3:- Now take mold to make shev and pore little amount of oil in it. This mold is easily available in market. You can ask for chakali mold | Chakali Maker the same mold we are using for sev making but replacing the fine sev attachment.
- Step 4:- Fill this shev dough in the chakali mold and cover it tightly. Before making sev be sure that heat is on medium temperature.
- Step 5: Oil is ready for fry. So press the besan shev dough gently in hot oil using Chakali maker in circular motion. Fry this sev well until it get golden color and crispiness. It will take 7-8 minutes to get the crispy texture.
- Step 6:- Now Spicy Besan Shev is ready, drain the excess oil from the sev and allow the sev to cool off. After the shev is cool store it in air tight container.
Read some other mouth watering recipes by akuner.com
- Brinjal Masala Recipe-1
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Safed Matar Recipe
- Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
- Dal Rice Recipe
Above is the process for spicy besan shev making. If you are making this recipe first time at home then visualization is more important. So here I am sharing with you step by step photo instructions to make Spicy shev.
How to Make Spicy Besan Shev at Home?
This is step by step photo instructions to make Spicy besan shev at home? To make this tangy sev you just have to follow this instructions and your Besan Sev will be ready.
1. Firstly take gram flour in one big size mixing bowl.
2. Add Ajwain in the gram flour.
3. Now add red chili powder.
4. Add turmeric powder.
5. Also add coriander powder.
6. Add little amount of cumin seeds.
7. Take cube of Hing.
8. Grind it with the help of hand grinder.
9.Add the smooth hing powder in the gram flour.
10. Now add salt as required.
11. Add kashmiri lal red chili powder.
12.Mix this all together with the help of spoon.
13.Add oil in the shev mixture.
14. Also add pinch of soda.
15. Mix all well.
16.Now start to kneading dough with the help of your hands.
17.Make a soft dough.
18. Dough is ready.
19.You need this chakali maker.
20. We need to pore oil in this mold.
21.Heat the oil.
22.Give a shape to dough like this.
23.Fill this dough in the the chakali maker.
24. Press it gently.
25.Mold is ready.
26.You can see the shev is coming out side the mold.
27.Start making shev.
28.Fry until it convert into golden color.
29.Take one bowl and place tissue pepper in it.
30.Shev is fried.
31.let it cool.
32.Ready to serve.
Spicy shev is ready to serve. Is it really very easy? Yes! it is. So enjoy this flavorful snack in this Diwali. It is tasty and less time consuming, so make this type of sev and enjoy this Diwali.
This is first recipe of shev which is spicy one, now we are going to make second recipe of shev – Phiki sev recipe. Mainly shev is preparation of gram flour with soda, salt and turmeric powder. It is a snacks which is looks like noodles. It can be use as garnishing agent in many street food especially in Bhelpuri and Papdi chat. Phiki sev is very popular snacks, you can eat it with simple papdi too.
2.Phiki Sev Recipe
In my house, my grandfather like to eat this phiki as a morning snaks with tea. It is really very tasty and mouth watering snack. I also like to eat it as a garnishing agent on pani puri and spicy Bhel. It is really very easy to make this Phiki Sev at home. So let’s start to make Phiki Shev.
Ingredients for Phiki Sev Recipe
- 2 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp oil for
- 1/2 tsp Soda
- Oil for frying
To make this Phiki sev | gram flour sev you will need above ingredients and mould. Chakali Mould | Chakali Maker is easily available in the market sev mold is attached with this chakali maker.
Process to Phiki Sev
- Step 1:-Firstly take gram flour in one mixing bowl and add soda, salt and oil in this gram flour. Now take water and knead a soft dough out of it.
- Step 2:-Take Chakali maker assemble it with small size shev mold, then pore little amount of oil in it. Now take phiki sev dough and fill this dough in the chakali maker.
- Step 3:-Heat the oil and start making shev once oil is hot. Keep gas on medium flame. Fry this sev for 5-6 minutes. Your phiki sev is ready.
Phiki sev is ready. You can use this sev for garnishing purpose or you can eat it as a breakfast with papdi. In this Diwali make this easy snack at home and make your Diwali very very special. This recipe is really very easy and less time consuming.
Above is the process for Phiki sev making. If you are making this recipe first time at home then visualization is more important. So here am sharing with you the step by step image instructions for Phiki Sev recipe. You just have to follow this step by step image instructions and your phiki sev will be ready in minutes.
How to make Phiki Sev at Home?
Follow the step by step image instructions for Phiki sev making.
1.Take gram flour in one mixing bowl.
2.Add turmeric powder in it.
3. Also add salt.
4. Now add 2 tsp of oil in the gram flour.
5. Add pinch of baking soda.
6.Take water, add it in the flour and start kneading the phiki sev dough.
7.Phiki sev dough is ready.
8. Heat the oil.
9.Take chakali maker with its mold for phiki sev.
10.Fill the dough in chakali maker.
11.you can see the dough is coming out side the chakali maker in the shape of small size shev.
12.Start making phiki sev once oil is hot. Keep gas on medium flame. Fry for 5-6 minutes to make crispy shev.
13.Shev is friend now.
14.Take one bowl and place towel in it. Drain the oil and keep fried sev on the towel.
Phiki sev is ready to serve. You can store this shev in your kitchen for 1 month in an airtight container. So, is it a good and long-lasting snack? Yes, it is! In this Diwali make this both type of snacks at home and enjoy your Diwali with the tasty food.
Both shev recipes are ready now. Enjoy the recipes and delicious food too. Some new recipes for Mithai | Sweets are coming soon.😍Happy cooking to all of you!💜
- Always make a soft dough for shev, it will help you to make shev with minimum efforts and with easiness.
- Do not forget to airtight the shev.
- While making the sev, be careful about the mold or chakali maker, make sure it will not fall down in hot oil.
- Chili powder use totally depends upon your taste buds.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to write a post on recipes or travel experience or want to make youtube video, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.
7 thoughts on “Shev Recipe | Sev Recipe”
Pingback: Milk Powder Sweet | How to Make Milk Powder Burfi at Home - Akuner
Pingback: Apple Kheer Recipe | How to Make Apple Kheer | Seb Kheer - Akuner
Pingback: Kachori Recipe | Easy Kachori Recipe for Quarantine | Khasta Kachori
Pingback: Pani Puri Recipe for Beginners | How to Make Pani Puri | Quarantine Food
Pingback: Bombay Sandwich | How to Make Veggie Sandwich With Aloo Masala
Pingback: Omelette Pav Recipe | How to Make Omelette Pav at Home - akuner
Pingback: Bread Manchurian Recipe | How to Make Bread Manchurian - akuner