Shankarpali Recipe | How to Make Shankarpara – Diwali Faral
Shankarpali Recipe | How to Make Shankarpara | Diwali Faral Recipe
Shankarpali Recipe | How to make Shankarpara | Diwali Faral Recipe – September Month is finished and October is standing in front of the door with our most favorite festival “Diwali“. In this year we all are going to celebrate Diwali on 28th of October 2019. Here I am sharing with you step by step photo instructions to make sweet Shankarpali. This is also one of the best snacks to have in afternoon time or with evening tea.
Diwali is a festival of lights. In India, every state has their own style to celebrate this festival. The historic story behind this Diwali festival is, when Lord Rama killed Demon Ravana and return to Ayodhya Nagri after 14 years of exile, that time all people of Ayodya Nagri celebrated this victory of Rama over Demon Ravana by lighting the path and house with panti (oil lamp).
I still remember that catchy smell of Diwali faral which my aunt make on diwali in my childhood. There are lots of Diwali faral or preparations which is necessary to cook at Diwali for the purpose of Navidhyam, which was my aunt used to prepare on this auspicious occasion of Diwali. In this festival we worship the God Laxmi and we offer so many variety of Naivedhyam to Devi maa.
- 3 Best Recipes of Champakali
- Colorful Chirote Recipe
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Brinjal Masala Recipe-1
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Safed Matar Recipe
- Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
If you are wondering how to make shankarpali? or shankarpale kase banvayche? or shankarpali kese banate hai? Then here you will get your answer with satisfactory result. I am sharing with you a very easy recipe for shankarpali. you can make this shankarpaara at home and keep it in your kitchen for 2 to 3 week.
- Serve For : 2 People (Prasadam)
- Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 35 Minutes
- Cuisine : Marathi Recipe
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Snacks / Faral
In this October month will going to cook all Diwali special recipes in akuner’s kitchen. Our first recipe is Shankarpali. Shankarpali is a little sweet snacks which is made with maida flour, sugar and ghee. You can make namkeen shankarpale too. Shankarpali is famous snaks in Maharashtra, Gujrat and Karnataka. There are many version of shankarpale like Namkeen shankarpali, sweet shankarpali and many other.
Specially in we enjoy this sweet shankarpali as a Diwali treat. We also make Chivda, Chakli and many other Diwali faral with this crunchy and little sweet shankarpali. I have already shared 3 different of type champakali recipe and colorful chirote recipe before this. This two recipe are also Diwali special recipe. Specially chiroti is a must cook food on Diwali.
Ingredients for Shankarpali
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Maida flour
- 1/2 cup Powder Sugar
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- Oil for frying
- Water / Milk
Process for Shankarpali Recipe
- Step 1: Take Maida in one mixing bowl. Add pinch of salt in it. Also add powder sugar. Mix it well. Now melt the ghee and this ghee in maida flour mixture.
- Step 2: Now take cool water and knead the soft dough. You can also use milk to knead the dough. But for shankarpali dough use water so you can store shankarpale for more days. Make soft but tight dough. Rest it for 1 hour.
- Step 3: After one hour make two ball out of this dough. Take one ball and flatten it on rolling board. Roll the little thick round disk with the help of rolling pin. Now take knife and cut edges of the rolled round dish and give it square shape. Start to mark cut on this square shape roti and cut it in small square or diamond shape.
Process to make shankarpali at home is completed. But as I always discuss and share step by step image instructions in my every blog post. So i am going to share same in this shankarpali recipe post too. For making this delicious shankarpale you have to follow this image instructions and your Shankarpali will be ready.
How to Make Shankarpali at Home?
This is step by step image instructions to make sweet shankarpali at home. Follow the steps and your shankarpara will be ready.
1.Take Maida flour in one bowl.
2. Add it another big size mixing bowl.
3.Take ghee in one tadka pan.
4. Heat the ghee.
5.Add salt and powder sugar in maida flour.
6. Now add melted ghee in the maida flour.
7.Mix it well with the help of spoon.
8.Now take cool water and knead the shankarpali dough.
9.cover shankarpali dough and let it rest for 30 minute.
10.After 30 minutes take dough and make two small ball out of it as shown in shankarpali image.
11. Take one ball and flatten it on rolling board.
12.Now roll the round disk with the help of rolling pin.
14.Now cut this is square shape with the help of knife.
15. Now cut this square in small Diamond shape.
16. You can also cut it in small square shape.
17. Heat the oil and add this shankarpali in the oil.
18. Fry shankarpali on low flame until it convert into golden color.
19. If you want it more crunchy then fry it until it converts into a golden brown color. Shankarpali is ready.
Sweet shankarpali is my favorite preparation. Basically I love to eat this shankarpali with chai / tea. If you like then you can also make namkeen shankarpale. This is very easy and less time consuming snacks but making it crispy + Soft is little tricky and difficult. Then how to make it crispy and soft? You do not worry I am sharing with you additional instruction to make crispy + soft shankarpali.
This dish is also be made with wheat flour. I always use maida flour to make this dish, but wheat flour shankarpara is also have good taste. Try wheat flour rather than maida flour if you have stomach problem and follow the same process. So let’s try something new.
- Add hot oil or ghee while kneading the shankarpali dough.
- Make sure that round dish is little thick which you have rolled.
- You can adjust quantity of powder sugar as per your taste.
- If you like cardamom flavor then add half tsp of cardamom powder.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.
8 thoughts on “Shankarpali Recipe | How to Make Shankarpara – Diwali Faral”
Pingback: Poha Chivda Recipe | How to Make Poha Chivda - Akuner
Pingback: Apple Kheer Recipe | How to Make Apple Kheer | Seb Kheer - Akuner
Pingback: Carrot Halwa Recipe | गाजर का हलवा | Gajar ka halwa - Akuner
Pingback: Bengali Pitha Recipe | Mukshamali Pithe Recipe - Akuner
Your recipes are very good and also very testy. I love your recipes very much 😍😍❤️🙏🙏. Thanks akuner 🙏🙏
Thank you very much dear…. Happy to see you again
Pingback: Bombay Sandwich | How to Make Veggie Sandwich With Aloo Masala
Pingback: Mathri Recipe | How to Make Methi Mathri ( with step by step video)