Sesame Jaggery Chikki Recipe | Til-gul Chikki Recipe|Til ki chikki | Til gajak | How to Make Sesame Chikki
Sesame Jaggery Chikki Recipe | Tilgul Chikki Recipe |Til ki chikki | Til gajak – Every year the first festival we celebrate is ‘Makar sankranti’. On this delightful occasion ‘Til-gul’ or seasme seeds and jaggry have its own importance. I always make til ladoo, til chikki and til poli on this special occasion of Makar Sankranti. Here I am sharing step by step image instructions to make Sesame Jaggery chikki at home with some additional tips.
Makar Sankranti or Maghi is a festival which is dedicated to the goddess Surya. On this day in each year Sun transit in Makara. From this date the longer day will start and winter months will end. Kite flying is the popular way to celebrate this special festival, other than that people also do Surya puja in river and arrange some cultural programs & get to gather too.
- Motichoor Ladoo Recipe
- Apple Kheer Recipe
- Milk Powder Sweet
- Shankarpali Recipe
- Colorful Chirote Recipe – Marathi Traditional Recipe
- Ladoo Recipes
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Balushahi Instant Recipe
- Gajar halwa Recipe
In Gujarat, kite flying festival is very popular and in Maharashtra, we make tilgul ladoo, Sesame chikki and sesame poli on Makar sankaranti. In my house my aunt always love to make Til gul ladoo | Sesame seeds ladoo, peanut ladoo and murmura ladoo on this first festival of the year. This festival is known for harvesting festival. Makar sankranti is also popular as Magha, Mela, Maghi, Bhogi and Mokor.
Tilgul chikki is very simple but delicious preparation of sesame seeds and jaggery. Making this tasty chikki has very simple recipe. You will need very few ingredients and efforts to make this dish at home. I am using white sesame seeds is here, but you can use black and white sesame seeds together, you acn also use peanuts and make mix of sesame seeds and peanuts and make chikki out of it.
Ingredients for Sesame Jaggery Chikki
- 1 bowl Sesame Seeds
- 1 bowl Jaggery
- 3 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Cashew (Optional)
- 2 Almonds (Optional)
- 5 Raisins (Optional)
Process to make Sesame Jaggery Chikki
- Step 1:- Take one bowl of sesame seeds. Remember you will need white sesame seeds. Now heat the pan and roast the sesame seeds on low flame for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Step 2:- Roast sesame seeds well and keep it aside. Add this sesame seeds in the mixer grinder bowl and make semi grind texture of sesame seeds.Now take 1 bowl jaggery, use same bowl for right quantity. Make powder of the jaggery.
- Step 3:- Now heat the deep pan and add 2 tbsp ghee in it. Now add jaggery powder in this hot ghee and mix well. Stir it continuously.
- Step 4:- After 2 to 3 minutes you can see the jaggery is diluting. We need to make jaggery syrup to make this Sesame chikki. Stir the jaggery continuously and make fine jaggry syrup. Do not add water.
- Step 5:- Now add roasted sesame seeds and crushed dry fruits in the jaggery syrup once the syrup is ready. Mix it well, let the sesame seeds absorb jaggery syrup.
- Step 6:- Add 1 tbsp ghee in one plate, spread it well. Now add jaggery syrup and sesame seeds mixture in the plate and spread it well, so you can cut sesame chikki in good shape.
- Step 7:- Cut the almonds and add it on the mixture which you had spread in the plate. Let Cut the mixture in square shape and let it cool. Remember cur the mixture when it is warm.
- Step 8:- Check after 30 minutes, your sesame chikki will be ready to eat. Decorate chikki with sprinkling the roasted sesame seeds on the chikki.
Making this Sesame seeds chikki at home on this auspicious occasion is a simple task, but if you do not have visualization, then may be you will face some problems. So here, I am sharing step by step image instructions to make this sesame jaggery chikki at home.
How to Make Sesame Jaggery Chikki at Home?
This are the step by step image instructions to make Sesame Jaggery Chikki. Follow the steps and your Til-gul Chikki will be ready.
1.Take sesame seeds, jaggery, dry fruits and ghee at one place.
2.Now heat the pan and add sesame seeds in the hot pan.
3.Stir it continuously.
4.Roast it on low flame for 5 to 6 Minutes.
5.Put this roasted sesame seeds in one bowl.
6.Make powder of jaggery.
7.Now heat the ghee.
8.Add jaggery powder in the hot ghee.
9.Stir it continuously.
10.Make Jaggery syrup.
11.Now sesame seeds are cool, add it in one mixer grinder bowl.
12.Make semi grind texture.
13.Check the jaggery syrup.
14.Cut the dry fruits.
15.Add crushed dry fruits.
16.Now add roasted sesame seeds in the jaggery syrup.
17.Mix all together.
18.Grease one plate with ghee.
19.Mixture is ready.
20.Pore the mixture in Greased plate.
21.Set and cut it in small square shape.
22.Add some crushed almond and roasted sesame seeds on the square shape sesame chikki.
23.Let it cool and sesame chikki | Tilgul chikki is ready to eat.
Now this delicious chikki is ready to eat. On this occasion of makar sankaranti making this chikki and offering it to you lovable guest is truly pleasure. You will find many recipes to make this chikki but this recipe is best ever. So try this recipe at home and collect the complements for you cooking skill. Happy cooking to all of you. Celebrate this first holy festival of this new year.
Sesame Jaggery Chikki | Tilgul Chikki | Til gajak is a preparation of sesame and jaggery. This is the traditional sweet dish to make on ‘Makar Sankranti’. This chikki is really very soft and delicious and you will need very less time efforts to make this dessert at home. Til | sesame, gul | Jaggery has its own importance of this occasion and everyone make one dish out of it on the occasion of ‘Sankranti’. So you have the best option to use this two things and make delicious sweet with this recipe.
- Do not roast sesame seeds on high flame.
- Stir continuously with spatula while making jaggery syrup and roasting sesame seeds.
- Do not add water to make jaggery syrup. Jaggery has its own moisture.
- Add little amount of ghee or use ghee as per given quantity.
- you can store this chikki in fridge or in air tight container.
- If you want whole sesame seeds chikki then do not grind it and follow the same process to make chikki.
- Adding dry fruits in chikki is totally optional.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post or want to make youtube videos, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.