Safed Matar Recipe | Matar Ghugni Recipe | Street Style Matar Chole
Safed Matar Recipe is the recipe of white peas. White peas / Safed Matar recipe is also know as Matar chaat, Matar ghugni, Matar ke chole and Matar kulcha. It is the popular street food of Delhi and Amritsar. Here in Mumbai you will find many street food vendors selling safed matar (white peas) Chole with kulcha. First time I had this safed matar kulcha at Mohamad ali road. It was really very tasty. vendor was making and frying hot kulcha, serving it too.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 35 Minutes
I love to eat green peas masala, green peas cutlet and every preparation of green peas. So one day while shopping green peas, I come across the packet of white peas. I have decided to make this white peas at home, but after shopping, while returning to home I was continuously thinking about it’s recipe and then suddenly this new recipe for white peas came to my mind. Today I am sharing with you, the new recipe for White peas. In this preparation you will find spiciness of spices and sweetness of onion. White peas is very healthy food too. there are many recipes available for white peas but this one is my favorite.
How to soak Safed Matar in water?
If you want to know how to make soft and tasty matar/ white peas at home then, it is very important to you to know how to cook it very soft. To cook soft and tasty safed matar, read the following steps. Remember boiling the matar it is very important to make tasty safed matar.
- Boil 4-5 cup hot water.
- Now take safed matar in one bowl and wash it well under running water.
- Add this washed white peas in warm water. Keep it side for 7-8 hours.
- If you want to make this instant, then add safed matar in cooker.
- Add 5-6 cup water in cooker.
- Cook this safed matar until 3-4 whistle.
When I was visited Mumbai city first time, I was very excited to eat street food of Mumbai. I ate this Safed Matar / Matar Kulcha at croford Market when I went for shopping there. The only street food vendor was selling this garam garam matar kulcha at one corner of Mohamad ali road. After lot of shopping I was feeling very much hungry, so I have decided to eat that Matar Kulcha and trust me that was an amazing experience to have that matar kulcha (street food of Mumbai). The dish was not to much spicy but really very tasty. The stall vendor was serving garam garam Kulcha with the matar chole, mango pickle and raw onion. Trust me guys it was an amazing experieance, whenever you visit Mumbai, do try this Matar kulcha / safed matar chole the Mumbai street food.
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
- Cauliflower Curry Recipe | Flower chi Bhaji
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
- Peb Fort / Vikatgad Trek / Neral / Matheran
Read : Matar Ke chole
Ingredients for Safed Matar Recipe
- 1 Bowl Boiled Safed Matar
- 2 medium size chopped Onion
- 1/2 Bowl Chopped Tomato
- 2-3 Chopped green chili
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Maggi Masala
- salt as required
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
Process For Safed Matar Recipe
- Step 1: Firstly take boil safed matar / white peas in one bowl. Add some water and wash it well.
- Step 2: Add this white peas and 4-5 cup water in cooker. Cooke it until 3-4 whistle. Meanwhile cut all the veggies.
- Step 3: Take one pan and heat the oil. Add chopped green chili and fry it well.
- Step 4: Now add chopped onion in this fried chili. Fry it well. Make puree of tomato and onion.
- Step 5: Add tomato and onion puree in this fried mixture. Fry it well.
- Step 6: It is time to add red chili powder, turmric pwder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt in this mixture. Fry it well.
- Step 7: Now add boiled white peas in this mixture and mix ir well. Cover for 2 minutes, then add 4 cup of water and let it boil for 5-7 minute. Safed Matar is ready. Serve this dish with roti, fulka, kulcha or rice. Don’t forget to serve salad.
How to Make Safed Matar?
*This is the single image instruction for white peas making, just follow the steps and your Safed Matar will ready.
1.Take Safed Matar and wash it well.
2.Now take cooker and add washed white peas in cooker.
3.Take 3-4 whistle.
4.White peas is cooked now.
5.Cut onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chili.
6.Make the puree of remaining onion and tomato.
7.Take the pan and heat the oil.
8.Add curry leaves in the hot oil.
9.Now add mustered seeds. let it splutter in oil.
10.Add cumin seeds in the oil when mustered seeds are fried.
11.Now add chopped green chili in oil.
12.It is time to add thin sliced onion and chopped tomato in oil. Fry green chili, onion and tomato well.
13.Now add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tsp of coriander powder in fried onion and tomato.
14.Fry the mixture well and add tomato-onion puree in this fried mixture.
15.Let the mixture fry.
16.Add red chili powder in mixture.
17. Mix it well and let the mixture fry.
18.Add garam masala in this fried mixture.
19.Stir the mixture continuously and let the mixture cook well.
20.Now add the salt as required.
21.It is time to add boiled white peas in this fried mixture.
22.Mix all together and sprinkled maggi masala on the curry.
23.Now pore half lemon juice on the white peas curry.
24.lastly add chopped coriander leaves in the gravy, it will give you the aroma and taste of coriander leaves.
25. Cover the pan and cook white peas matar soft.
26. Safed Matar / white peas Recipe is ready.
Serve this preparation with kulcha, roti, fulka or bhakri. You can also eat steamed rice with this white peas curry. Don’t forget to serve salad. lemon, onion and cucumber is very suitable salad with this safed matar curry.
- Boil white peas very well, it is very important.
- If you have any health problem then use, less amount of oil and spices, red chili too.
- Add as much as coriander leaves you want, but of course in limit.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.