Pomfret Fry Recipe | How to Make Pomfret Fry
Pomfret fry Recipe is the specialty food and very famous preparation with sea food lovers. I had made this specially for my husband. Pomfret Fry Recipe or rava pomfret fry is the recipe of Goan delicacy. Taste of this fish preparation is tangy and spicy, also wonderful flavor is coming from the fish fry.
This pomfret fish fry is made with rava, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt and white pomfret. Basically the Indian cuisines are combination of spices and taste. You will find own specialty for sea food in every household of India. There are many preparations available for pomfret fry like, rava masala, masala fry, tandoori pomfret fry and many more.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
- Total Time : 15 Minutes
In Goa Pomfret is also know as paaplet. This fish is mainly found in the India, pacific oceans and Atlantic. Cooking pomfret fish with rava and tangy spices will give you the authentic taste of goan food. I am sharing with you very easy, quick and delicious recipe of Rava Pomfret Fish Fry. Rava pomfret fish preparation is always crispy outside and succulent from inside.
- Malai Murgh Tangdi Recipe
- Lachha Paratha Recipe
- Tawa Chicken Leg Recipe
- Murgh-E-Spring Onion
- Bread Rasmalai Recipe
Pomfret is a fresh water fish with no hard and tough fish skin. This fish is itself is very tasty and if you make pomfret fish with rava then it taste superb. As you will not find harsh and tough fish skin on this pomfret fish, so it is easy to clean and it will give the amazing taste to your pomfret fish preparation. Yesterday I was scrolling the best pomfret recipe on internet and then I realized that my favorite rava pomfret fry recipe is not available there, so today I am sharing with you my favorite recipe for Rava Pomfret fish Fry. There are many recipes available for pomfret fry but this recipe is quite different and too easy to cook. This pomfret fish is also know as silver pomfret because black pomfret is also available in market.
Rava fish fry is a preparation of fresh pomfret fish with Rava and garam masala. Buying fresh fish is a very important task in every fish preparation. I usually buy fish from local market. Here in Mumbai, you will find many fish markets, in all of this fish markets, I always like to go to Dadar fish market. In Dadar fish market I always get fresh fish and fishmonger also cuts fish the way I want. I know how to cook fish but I’m I also have the mastery to cut the fish, clean the prawns and crabs. I love to eat pomfret so I have used white pomfret fish to make this rava fry fish, you can also use surmai, bassa or bangda fish.
Actually my family is Non-vegetarian so fish, chicken, mutton, eggs are our everyday menu. So cleaning the fish is a very important thing in my family. From my childhood I have seen my grandfather to clean chicken, mutton, crabs and fish. I have ate many type of fish but pomfret, vaam and batta fish are my favorite. There are many recipes available for pomfret fry but this recipe is best ever!
This recipe is much more easier, delicious and quick. You will not need to put more efforts to cook this type of dish. Even making the masala for rava pomfret fry is extremely easy. Then if you are wondering how to make pomfret fry at home? Then you are at the right place to get your answer!
Ingredients for Pomfret Fry
- 2 Medium Size Pomfret Fish
- 1/3 Cup Sooji / Rava / Semolina
- 1/4 Cup Gram flour
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- Salt as required
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 4 tbsp oil
Process for Pomfret Fry
- Step 1: Wash the Pomfret fish: Take pomfret fish in one deep bowl and wash them under running water for 2-3 times. After washing fish for 2-3 time under running water, drain the water from the fish. Mark the cut on fish and let them dry, meanwhile prepare Masala mixture for frying pomfret fish.
- Step 2: Make Masala for fry: Add sooji / Rave / Semolina in one plat. Now add gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala, chopped coriander leaves and salt in sooji. Mix this mixture well and keep it aside.
- Step 3: Make pomfret fish salty: Now water is totally drain from Pomfret fish and it is dry, so take the salt and add salt in pomfret fish. Make sure you are making balance of salt in masala and salt added in pomfret fish. Sprinkle salt under the fish cuts.
- Step 4: Coat the fish in Masala: Now add salted pomfret and dip it in masala mixture. Sprinkle masala on pomfret and press it on fish until it stick well to the pomfret to each side. Also sprinkle and press this masala in the cuts we marked on fish with the help of your hands.
- Step 5: Fry pomfret well: Now take one tava / pan and pore 2 tbsp oil on it. Add masala coated pomfret fish in this hot oil, cover it for 2 munutes. Fry this fish from each side on low flame untill it get the golden brown color. Serve with bread, roti, fulka, rumli roti or nan. You can serve this pomfret fry as a side dish also.
Read: Masala Fried Pomfret
How to Make Pomfret Fry or Rava Fish Fry
*This is the single image instruction for Pomfret Fish Fry making, just follow the steps and your Pomfret fry is ready.
1.Wash pomfret well and drain the water from the fish, also matk cuts on the fish.
2.Now take one plate, add rava and gram flour in it.
3.Also add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, coriander leaves, garam masala and salt in this sooji.
4.Mix the mixture well.
5.After mixing the mixture, take pomfret in one plat and sprinkle some salt on it also fill some salt in fish cut which we have marked before.
6.Now pomfret is salted so dip this pomfret in rava masala we have made before.
7.Sprinkle masala on pomfret and press it on fish until it stick well to the pomfret to each side. Press this masala with the help of your hand.
8.Take tawa / pan and heat the oil.
9.Now add rava masala coated pomfret fish in this hot oil.
10.Cover it for 2 minutes.
11. Fry the pomfret fish from both the side. Let the pomfret fish fry until it get the golden brown color.
12.Your pomfret fish fry with rava masala is ready. Serve this preparation with roti, rumali roti, rice-curry or you can also serve this preparation as a side dish.
Read: Tawa pomfret fry
- Use flat pan to mix the masala.
- Use fresh fish to make pomfret fry.
- If you like the spicy fish then add red chili powder as per your taste.
- Always remember, to keep balance between salt sprinkled on fish and salt added in masala.
- Use perfect amount of sooji and gram flour to prepare the masala.
- Don’t use more gram flour than sooji, it will not make fish crispy also affect the taste of it.
- Wash fish very well as I have written, it will remove smell from the fish and make this fish like cube of butter.
- Always keep in mind, the proportion of gram flour and Semolina it would as I have given, if you change it, then taste and crispiness of fish will also change.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.