Poha Recipe | How to Make Poha | Maharashtrian Poha Recipe | Kande Pohe Recipe
Poha Recipe | How to Make Poha | Maharashtrian Poha Recipe | Kande Pohe Recipe – Here is the step by step image instructions to Make Poha. “Kande Pohe” is a very famous food and extremely delicious breakfast in Maharashtra. Whenever we search for easy breakfast recipe, healthy breakfast recipe or quick breakfast recipe Poha Recipe is always included and on top of the list, Because it is really easy to make breakfast and quick too. For me Poha is best fit in easy recipes for dinner. Poha Recipe is one of the best food dish of Indian Veg Food Recipes.
- Serve For : 3 People
- Preparation Time : 7 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 10 Minutes
- Total Time : 17 Minutes
I love Poha so much and it is really very tasty. I like it more if it is made by my Kaku (aunt). She makes poha really very good. There is nothing more if I tell you this is the traditional and cultural dish of Marathi people. As I am a Marathi girl, I have seen from my childhood that when the groom and family of groom come to see the bride for very first time for marriage, so the “Kande pohe” is must cook dish on this formal meet. Now you can imagine the importance of this dish in Marathi family. In Maharashtra, you will get many type of kande pohe, but I am sharing with you the traditional Maharashtrian Poha Recipe.
- Omelette Pav Recipe
- Egg Burger Recipe
- French Fries Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
Poha is a famous food in Gujarat too. It tastes best when served with tea in the breakfast. Poha is also an excellent light, yet stomach filling food item which is also suitable in the lunch. On this dish Name you will also find Kande pohe Marathi song, Kandepohe movie, kandepohe.com matrimony and many more, so now you can imagine the popularity of this dish. While making the kande pohe, it is very important to choose a right and good poha / flattened rice and other vegetable also. Don’t worry I will tell how to select fresh veggies and right-good flattened rice or poha.
Poha and Veggies Selection for Poha Recipe
- First always buy the organic poha to make the kandepohe.
- Cut fresh onion in square shape, not so thin – not so thick and remember you have to buy a fresh juice onion.
- Buy a fresh coriander leaves , juice lemon, green chili and curry leaves.
- While buying lemon, choose yellow and juice lemon. It will give you the authentic taste of lemon.
- Smell on onion and curry leaves are very important for kandapohe.
- Peanuts are very important for authentic kandapoha taste.
- Take good size of peanuts.
- If you want Kande pohe recipe then do check.
Poha Ingredients – Poha Recipe
- 1 Medium Size Bowl thick Poha (rice flakes, Flattened Rice)
- 5-6 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves (if available)
- 1/2 small bowl Peanuts (ground nuts)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Half lemon
Process for Poha Preparation
- Step 1: Take poha in one large strainer. Wash it 2-3 time in running water. Drain the excess water through a strainer. After that sprinkle salt and sugar on poha, mix it well and keep aside.
- Step 2: Take a pan heat the oil and fry peanuts well. Take fried peanuts out of the pan. Then it is time to add mustard seeds, curry leaves in the oil. After this add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chili and fry it well. Allow this mixture to sizzle until chilies turn crispy for approx 40 -50 seconds and then add onion and fry it well. Let onion translucent. Now add salt and turmeric in it. And fry it well. Also sprinkle salt, chopped coriander leaves, sugar and turmeric powder on poha, mix it well.
- Step 3: It is time to add poha. So add poha and fry it well. Cover kande pohe for 2 minutes and then garnish chopped coriander leaves on it. You can also garnish coconut crush and yellow sev or farsan on it, don’t forget to serve lemon and green chill chutney with it.
Poha is ready to serve. This is process for poha preparation. This dish is one of the popular part of the Vegetarian Indian Cooking. Kande pohe is a very tasty and easy to cook food. You can make it in breakfast, lunch or dinner. As I like to eat poha, so time does not matter to me. If you also like to eat poha then try this recipe you will love it. When I was in hostel I used to make poha in coffee mug, after that I brought my induction and started to cook poha on that. Actually it is very easy and quick to cook, so after college I used prepare it easily. Because of this Kande pohe recipe need minimal time and efforts. So try this tasty recipe at home and hostel. Find step by step image instructions to make Poha Just below.
How to Make Poha at Home?
This is step by step image instructions to make Poha. This is really easy just follow the given steps and dish is ready in no time.
1.Take one bowl of Poha.
2.Add it in a sieving plate. Sieve well.
3.Wash poha under running water.
4.Keep it aside.
5.Gather other poha ingredients at one place.
6.Add Sugar in the poha.
7.Add little amount of turmeric powder.
8.Mix well and keep it aside.
9.Chop the veggies.
10.Heat the oil.
11.Fry peanuts first.
12.Put this fried peanuts on poha mix.
13.Add mustard seeds in the oil.
14.Also add chopped green chili in the oil.
16.Also add Salt.
17.Mix all together. Let the onion mixture fry well
18.Now add turmeric powder in the mixture.
19.Mix all together.
20.Pour 1 tsp lemon juice. or Half piece of lemon.
21.Now add Poha mix in the pan.
22.Mix all together.
23.Cut Coriander leaves and wash well.
24.Add it in Poha.
26.Cover and cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes turn of the gas.
27.Serve in plate.
28.Add coconut powder on the poha.
29. Serve with lemon and fried chili.
Poha is ready to serve. Serve this with fried green chili and lemon. It taste best with this two things. Poha recipe is a must try and easy dish for bachelors or good for hostelers too. I am sharing tangy friend chili recipe too see the below.
How to Make Fried chili to Combine with Poha Recipe?
This is step by step image instructions to Make tangy fried chilies as a side dish with poha recipe. This is really easy just follow the given steps and dish is ready in no time.
1. Cut the green chilies in two parts and add it in hot oil.
2. Fry well and put it in bowl.
3.Sprinkle some salt.
4.Pour lemon juice.
5.Fried chilies to eat with poha is ready.
- Poha is also useful for weight loss, I have tried it. It is also helpful to maintain body temperature.
- Fry onion green chili for while, need crispy green chili.
- If you don’t like to it raw lemon then pore lemon juice on poha while making it.
- Garnish Coriander leaves on kande pohe. also garnish coconut crush and yellow sev.
- You can also boiled peanuts and then add into the poha.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something any new and special dish then comment your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.