Pav Bhaji Recipe | पाव भाजी | Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe | recipe for pav bhaji | Pav Bhaji Making at Home | Mumbai Pav Bhaji Recipe
Pav Bhaji Recipe | पाव भाजी | Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe | recipe for pav bhaji | Pav Bhaji Making at Home | Mumbai Pav Bhaji Recipe – Here are the step-by-step image instructions to make Mumbai street style Pav Bhaji at Home. In the fanbase of Mumbai street foods, Vada Pav and Pav bhaji has its own place.
Here, you will find people having Vada Pav or Pav Bhaji in any of their meals like breakfast, lunch, dinner or even in evening snacks. Love for ‘Juhu Chowpatty Pav Bhaji’ is always there in every Mumbaikar’s heart.
Whenever I go to Chowpatty, I always eat Pav Bhaji. In my house, pav bhaji is Sunday food. For my sisters, Pav Bhaji is “Parvani“. Whenever you ask them what to prepare for the meal, their favorite answer is always Pav Bhaji. At my uncle’s house, this dish is prepared at least twice a week.
One thing is for sure, Mumbai’s Pav Bhaji is something that one can not avoid while being in the city. If you visit Mumbai and don’t eat pav bhaji, your visit in the city is meaningless and incomplete.
- Vada Pav Recipe
- Egg Noodles Recipe
- Koraishutir Kochuri Recipe
- Bread Manchurian Recipe
- Omelette Pav Recipe
- Egg Burger Recipe
- French Fries Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
Every year in the rainy season, I go to Chowpatty to eat Pav Bhaji and enjoy the rain. Mumbai’s rain with hot butter pav bhaji is a divine combination for the food lovers. But this year we are facing a challenge of enjoying this combination.
This year due to the coronavirus pandemic, we all are home quarantined as we don’t have any Vaccine for this and the only one remedy of avoiding it is to maintain social distancing.
In this lockdown we can not go outside and enjoy our most beloved street foods. So the only way of pampering our tongues is by making similar meals at home. Probably we are going through the course of time when the era is changing, and I do not have any idea whether we will be going out and eating those street foods again.
So for that purpose, knowing the perfect recipes for our favorite street foods are very much important. That’s why we are going to share with you, your favorite street food, Pav Bhaji recipe in an easy but promising way.
Anyone can prepare Pav bhaji at home once they follow the step-by-step image instructions which are given below. You just need to follow the steps and prepare it on your own, it is going to be very easy, trust me.
Ingredients for Pav Bhaji
- 2 Onion
- 1 Capsicum
- 1 bowl Green Peas
- 4 Potato
- 1 Tomato
- 6-7 Mint Leaves (optional)
- 1/2 small bowl Coriander leaves
- 100 Gram Butter or cooking oil
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 tsp red food color (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 Lemon
- Water as required
- 6 Ladi Pav
Process to Make Pav Bhaji
- Step 1:- Boil the potatoes and smash them. Keep it in one bowl. Cut vegetables for pav bhaji. Gather all the ingredients at one place and start to make delicious bhaji.
- Step 2:- Heat the pan and add butter. Let the butter melt and add tomato, green peas, capsicum and smashed potatoes in the pan. Also add salt as per the taste. Now add water, mix well. Cover and let it cook for next 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Step 3:- Check after 15 minutes. Take a smasher and smash all the veggies together. Add 1 tsp red chili powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in the smashed veggies. Mix well, then add 1 tsp Pav bhaji masala in that mixture.
- Step 4:- Now add half glass of water and let it cook. Take another pan and add butter in it. Let the butter melt. Add chopped onion in it. Fry this onion and add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp Pav bhaji masala. Mix all together. Add chopped coriander leaves and water, cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes. Meanwhile also check the other veggies and stir them properly.
- Step 5:- Now add this fried masala onion in the smashed veggie’s mixture. Also add red food color in the mixture. Mix them all together, cover it and let it cook again for 2 minutes.
- Step 6:- Add lemon juice in the bhaji. Smash this mixture again. And let it cook on the low flame.
- Step 7:- Now heat a cube of butter in a pan and add a pinch of red chili powder, pinch of pav bhaji masala, coriander leaves, turmeric powder and salt in it. Make a mixture. Take one ‘Ladi/ pav, slit it in two pieces and place it on the butter masala. Your Masala pav for Pav Bhaji is ready. Serve the hot bhaji with hot masala pav. Do Not forget to serve lemon, chopped onion, chopped cucumber and coriander leaves with the Pav Bhaji plate.
This was the process of making delicious pav bhaji at home. This recipe is for beginners, so we are also adding step-by-step image instructions to make it easier. Make this taste Pav Bhaji at home and enjoy the delicious street food at home.
How to make Pav Bhaji at Home?
Follow the step-by-step image instructions below to prepare Pav Bhaji at home.
1. Take boiled potatoes and smash it in a bowl.
2. Also take green peas.
3. Chop capsicum, tomato and onion.
4. Also cut mint leaves.
5. Finely Chop Coriander leaves.
6. Heat the butter in a pan.
7. Add chopped tomato in the melted butter.
8. Also add green peas.
9. Add Capsicum.
10. Also add boiled and smashed potatoes.
11. Sprinkle some salt.
12. Add 1 glass water.
13. Cover it and let it cook for 15 minutes on low flame.
14. Check after 15 minutes.
15. Smash the boiled veggies with the help of smasher.
16. It is smashed.
17. Add 1 tsp red chili powder and 1/2 turmeric powder in the smashed veggies.
18. Also add 1 tsp pav bhaji masala.
19. Mix all together.
20. Cover it and cook it for 5 minutes.
21. Take one pan and heat the butter.
22. Add chopped onion and fry it well.
23. Add 1 tsp red chili powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp Pav bhaji masala.
24. Now add coriander leaves and mix all together.
25. Cover it and cook for 2 minutes.
26. Add this fried onion in mixed veggies.
27. Now add red food color.
28. Mix well.
29. Cover and let it cook on low flame.
30. Add lemon juice.
31. Slit ladi pav into two pieces.
32. Smash the bhaji well.
33. Heat the pan and add butter.
34. Add a pinch of red chili powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and salt in the butter.
35. Mix well.
36. Place ‘ladi’ pav on masala mixture.
37. Fry from both sides.
38. Serve the pav bhaji with proper decoration like Mumbai Street food shops.
Pav Bhaji is ready to serve. Serve hot Pav Bhaji with chopped onion and cucumber, do not forget to serve sliced lemon with it. Now you can not go out of the house because of coronavirus. Serve your tongue by making pav bhaji instantly at home. So bookmark the recipe and try it, I can assure you, once you eat this Pav Bhaji, you will fall in love with it.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this chutney and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Follow government instructions for COVID19 and take care of yourself and your family.”
- If you like, add cauliflower in the veggies to boil.
- I have made Mumbai street style Pav Bhaji, so I have used Masala pav with the Bhaji. You can use simple ladi pav as well.
- Adding red chili powder is quite tricky. Do not forget the quantity.
- If you want a spicy version of Pav Bhaji, then add more red chili as per the taste buds.
- Instead of butter one can use oil but butter enhances the taste of pav bhaji.
- I have made Pav bhaji with the thickness, which we normally eat outside. You can decrease or increase the thickness.
- Adding red food color is totally optional.
- Adding mint leaves is totally optional.
- Many people are there who love to eat little spicy plus sweet Pav bhaji, for that and add a little amount of sugar. As I like a simple less spicy one, so I have prepared a simple Butter pav Bhaji, which is not too spicy.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make youtube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.