Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
Welcome to akuner!
Patodi Rassa is Maharashtrian Recipe, It is also know as Maharashtrian Beasan ki sabji. This recipe is made by basen diamond shape patodi(pieces). This recipe is famous in Maharashtra and you will get different type of preparation in different area. Patodi rassa is preparation of gram flours patodi with the spicy curry and this particular spices and preparations of gram flour are famous in every household in Maharashtra. It taste awesome with roti, bhakri or rice. I love this sabji too. When I was in college I used to stay in pg, that time I used to cook this recipe most of the time and my roommates also like this recipe too. On Sunday we used to make this patodi rassa, bhakri, rice, salad, koshimbir, papad and pickle. Trust me that was the golden days of my life.
Maharashtrian make many versions of patodi, patodi with coriander, patodi with methi, patodi with palak. There are many version of patodi and this well go awesome with spicy coconut or peanut chutney. There are many versions of chutney too. And special one is Nagpur version of patodi curry. There is one more type of patodi rassa recipe which is kachya patodicha rassa. It is also quite famous. Today I am sharing with you the patodi rassa bhaji and bajra flour Indian bread which is basically the Marathi recipe. This is a very tasty treat for Marathi cuisine lovers. you will find many recipes for this preparation but this is the recipe which need very less time to compare others and here I am sharing with you the Indian bread Bajra Bhakri recipe too, so it will be total informative and image instruction added post. This post will make you feel that, it is really very easy ad less time consuming to make patodi rassa and bhakri at home.
- Besan Recipe – How To Make Besan
- Misal Recipe
- Bharli Vangi Recipe (stuffed brinjal recipe)
- Shev Bhaji Recipe
- Kande Pohe Recipe
Today I made this patodi rassa specially for my aunt. My kaku(aunt) really like to eat this. As I told you there are many version available for this patodi rassa recipe but this recipe is best ever. Yesterday my Kaku (aunt) was scrolling patodi rassa recipe on the internet and she was realized that there is no recipe available for Instant patodi rassa. So she asked me to share my favorite recipe on the internet. After reading this recipe you will feel that it is really very easy. Today I will going to share with you a kachya patodicha rassa. This recipe will take 50 to 60 minutes to cook. But today I will going to share with you a very quick and easy recipe. we need very few ingredients which are easily available at home. As this is instant recipe you will not need more than 35-40 minutes to make patodi rassa and bajra bhakri at one time. Excited for the new recipe? Then read on.
There are may preparations are available for gram flour aslo, like shev bhaji, besan bhaji and many more. You can check other recipes too if you like to eat gram flour. This is the Maharashtra recipe so little spiciness is there. If you have some stomach problem so use less red chili powder while making this patodi rassa recipe. Because in this recipe you will find red chili powder use in gram flour dough as well as in curry. You can skip red chili in gram flour dough if you want. So let’s start patodichi bhaji recipe.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 25 Minutes
Ingredients For Patodi Rassa
- 1/2 Bowl Gram flour/ Besan flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 14-15 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Red chili powder
- 5 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 1 Onion
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1/2 bowl Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Garama Masala
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
Ingredients for Bajra Bhakri
- 1 Bowl Bajra flour
- Salt as per requirement
Process for Patodi Rassa
- Step 1: Take 1 medium size onion and chop it in medium size. Heat the pan and fry till convert into the blackish brown color. Put this fried onion in one dish. Now take garlic cloves, ginger and coriander leaves in bowl of mixer grinder, also add fried onion in it grind it well. Now our rassa masala is ready.
- Step 2: It is time to make patodi. Take gram flour/ basen in one bowl add ginger-garlic paste, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix it well. Now add little amount of water and oil in it. Make dough out of it.
- Step 3: Take a pan and heat the oil add rassa masala in it and fry it well. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala. Fry this masala till oil get separated, add 3 cup of water in this masala, and wait till water is boiling.
- Step 4: Now out of a basen dough make a roti and cut this roti with a diamond shape. And this diamond shape patodi in boiling water. let the this curry boil.Now let the patodi boil well and cover it for 3 minutes. Your patodi rassa is ready, garnish chopped coriander leaves before serve.Let patodi soak the rassa. Garnish coriander leaves on it and serve with bhakai or roti and rice. Take raw onion, lemon, cucumber and curd. Let me tell you, you can eat fodnichi dahi with this you will love it. Enjoy the patodi rassa with bhakri or roti and rice. Don’t forget to serve row onion and lemon.
Process for Bajra Bhakri
- Step 1: Take bajra flour in on flat plate. Add salt and water as per requirement. Make the dough out of it. Kneed this dough very well with the help of your hands.
- Step 2: Now make small ball out of this dough and kneed this bajra flour dough ball well. sprinkle some bajra flour in the plate and place this dough ball on it. For rolling the the bajra bhakri sprinkle some flour on dough ball and roll the bhakri with the help of your hands.
- Step 3: Heat the tawa / pan and place bhakri on it also spread some water and roast the bhakri from both the side. Bhakri is ready. Patodichi bhaji and Bajrichi bhakri it is the truly delicious combination for Marathi cuisine lovers.
Read: Patodi recipe | Patodi rassa Bhaji | Besan ki sabji
How to Make Patodi Rassa at Home
*This is the single image instruction for Patodi Rassa making, just follow the steps and your Patodi Rassa will ready.
1. Firstly cut onion and coriander leaves, also peel garlic and ginger.
2. Heat the pan and fry our chopped onion until it convert into the golden brown color.
3. Grind coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and fried onion together with the help of mixer.
4. Make smooth paste of coriander leaves, ginger, garlic and fried onion.
5. Now take one mixing bowl, add gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, ajwain, cumin, salt, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix it well.
6. Make a dough out of this mixture.
7. Take one deep pan and heat heat the oil. Add grind paste in this hot oil. Fry it well.
8. After paste is friend, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt in this paste and fry until oil release from the paste.
9. Once masala mixture is friend add 4 cup of water and let the water boil.
10. Till then make a small ball out of dough and roll the roti / roll out of it.
11. Now cut this rolled roti in diamond shape with help of the knife.
12. Add this diamond shape patodi in boiled masala gravy.
13. Let the gravy boil and cooked.
14. Ta Daa! Patodi rassa is ready.
Patodi rassa is ready, now we are going to make bajra bhakri. This is very easy preparation as I am sharing instructions with images, so just follow the instructions and your bhakri will ready.
How to Make Bajra Bhakri at Home
*This is the single image instruction for Bajra Bhakri making, just follow the steps and your Bhakri will ready.
1. Firstly wash your hands and take Bajra flour in one flat plate.
2. Now add salt and water as required in this flour.
3. Kneed it well and make the smooth dough out of it.
4. Now make the small ball out of this dough and make this dough ball smooth by kneading.
5. Sprinkle little amount of bajra flour in the plate and place this small part of dough on it.
6. Now sprinkle some flour on this small dough ball and start rolling the roti with the help of you hands.
7. While rolling the bhakri roll it and move it in the round shape, so the bhakri will roll perfectly.
8. Bhakri is rolled now.
9. Heat the tawa / flat pan on gas and place the rolled bhakri on it, also spread some water on bhakri and let it roast from both the side.
10. Now it is roasted from each side Bajra Bhakri is ready to serve.
Patodi rassa with bhakri is ready. Serve this preparation with papad, raw onion, lemon and salad. It is very good in taste if it is spicy, but as I told you, if you have some health problem or stomach issue so don’t use more chili. Make this recipe at home with minimum red chili and enjoy the same taste and aroma. Happy cooking!
Read:Patwadi Rassa – Marathi Recipe
- If you like to eat spicy food then add more red chili as per your taste.
- You can also add whole spices if you like aroma of it.
- While making bhakri make the dough very smooth.
- If you can’t make bhakri at first time try it again, because “Practice make man perfect.”
- Rolling the bhakri is an art so learn it through the steps and yes! you will definitely do this.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.
6 thoughts on “Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji”
Delicious recipe 👍👍👍 are you from maharashtra 🤔🤔🤔
Your welcome 😊😊
Pingback: How to Make Bajra Bhakri - Bhakri Recipe - Millet Roti