Paneer Butter Masala Recipe | Recipe of Paneer Butter Masala | Butter Paneer Recipe with Masala Curry
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe | Recipe of Paneer Butter Masala | Butter Paneer Recipe with Masala Curry – Here are the step-by-step photo instructions to make ‘Paneer Butter Masala’ at home. This recipe is a creamy curry made with cashew puree. You can easily find this delicious dish in every restaurant.
After eating this dish the creamy texture of paneer butter masala gravy will melt in your mouth. You can enjoy paneer butter masala with naan, lachha paratha, roti, fulka, plain rice or cumin rice. At the same time, if combine this dish with salad and tasty pickles, then it is ‘icing on the cake’.
Paneer Butter Masala is one of the famous food dishes in Indian cuisine. I have learned to make this dish from a Punjabi friend of mine. She makes this dish very tasty.
- Koraishutir Kochuri Recipe
- Bread Manchurian Recipe
- Omelette Pav Recipe
- Egg Burger Recipe
- French Fries Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
When I was in the 11th class, I used to go to my friend Kajal’s house. Her mother was good at making Punjabi food.
Later we entered the same college together for graduation. One day Kajal’s mother was not at home, so she urged me to come to her house with her for one day. I asked my mother for permission and she agreed.
I went to her house. That night she had made the same dish for dinner. Kajal taught me how to make Paneer Butter Masala. She taught me a very simple way to make this dish, the same recipe I am sharing with you today.
This is a restaurant-style paneer butter masala. Before eating this dish, I used to confused with the musing that Paneer Butter Masala is sweet? or Is Paneer Butter Masala spicy? But actually this dish is not too spicy and not sweet.
We can change the taste of this dish as we wish. If you like a little sweet taste, you can add sugar in this gravy and if you like spiciness, add a little chili powder while making this gravy.
Is Paneer Butter Masala good for health?
If you do not have any health issues, then you can eat this tasty dish without any doubt. But if someone has health issues like diabetics, over weight and heart diseases then this dish is not for you.
Paneer butter masala has very high calories, full fat, cream, milk, and cashew nuts, which all have high fats. This dish is not good for person who has health issues.
You need basic ingredients to make this delicious preparation of paneer. This dish is very easy to make due to its low ingredients and if have a good recipe, everyone can make this dish in a very short period of time.
Ingredients for Paneer Butter Masala
- 200 Gram Paneer
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1 Cup Onion Chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Cup Tomato Chopped
- 11-12 Cashew Nuts
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Green Chili
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- 4-5 Mint Leaves
- 2 Dry Red Chili
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 inch Cinnamon piece
- 2 Cardamom (Green)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt as per taste
Preparation of Paneer Butter Masala
- Step 1:- Firstly soak cashew nuts in water for 15 to 20 minutes. Cut onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
- Step 2:- After 20 minutes remove cashews from the water and keep it in one bowl.
- Step 3:- Heat pan and add 2 tsp of cooking oil & 2 tsp butter (1 cube of butter). Now add cumin seeds and mix it well.
- Step 4:- After adding cumin seeds and onion in butter and give it a good mix. Fry onion until it gets a smooth texture.
- Step 5:- Onion needs 3-4 minutes to get smooth texture after that add chopped tomato, mint leaves, salt, ginger & garlic paste, cashews (which we have soaked in water for 20 minutes), Green chili, red chili powder and turmeric powder (half of the given quantity), also add coriander leaves (keep 1 tbsp for garnishing purpose) in the pan. Give it a good mix and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Step 6:- After 5 minutes turn off the gas flame and let the mixture cool completely. Add this mixture in a blender jar and blend it in a smooth paste.
- Step 7:- Now heat the pan and oil and butter. Add bay leaves, dry red chilies, cardamom, and cinnamon in this butter. Let whole spices splutter in the butter.
- Step 8:- Add masala puree which we have made before. Mix all together and let the masala cook in butter for 5 minutes.
- Step 9:- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt in this mixture and mix all together.
- Step 10:- Stir this masala mixture for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water in this masala mixture. Let the mixture cook on low flame for 5 minutes, until oil gets separate from the masala mixture.
- Step 11:- You can see oil is separated from the masala mixture. Add cream in this mixture and mix it all together. Now add 1 tsp of butter and let this masala mixture cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Step 12:- Now add fresh paneer cubes in this gravy and give it a good mix. When mixing paneer, be careful so that the paneer does not crumble.
- Step 13:- Take Kasuri methi on hand and rub it with both hands, sprinkle this crushed Kasuri methi in paneer.
- Step 14:- Mix paneer butter masala, cover and cook it for 2 minutes. Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve.
This was the process of making Paneer Butter Masala. When you make any dish, it is good to have a great recipe with you with photographs, then making the dish becomes easier for you.
How to Make Paneer Butter Masala in Home ?
1. Take 14-15 cashews in one bowl.
2. Add water in these cashews and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes drain the water from cashews.
4. Heat the pan and add oil & butter in the pan.
5. Add cumin seeds in the melted hot butter.
6. Also, add chopped onion in the butter and mix well.
7. Let the onion get a smooth texture.
8. Add tomato in the pan and mix it all together.
9. Also, add mint leaves.
10. Add salt and mix this mixture.
11. Now add ginger & garlic paste in this mixture and give it a good mix.
12. Add water-soaked cashews in this mixture.
13. Also, add green chili.
14. Now add red chili powder and turmeric powder.
15. Add coriander leaves and cook this mixture for 2 minutes.
16. Turn off the gas flame and let the mixture cool completely.
17. The mixture is cool now then transfer this mixture in a blender jar.
18. Blend it in a smooth texture.
19. Heat the pan and add oil and butter in the pan.
20. Add bay leaves.
21. Also, add dry red chilies.
22. Add cardamom (Green).
23. Also, add cinnamon.
24. Let the whole spice splutter in the butter and add puree, which we have grind before.
25. Mix all together. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt in this mixture.
26. Give it a good mix.
27. Add 1 cup of water in this masala mixture and let it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
28. Let the oil get separated from the masala mixture and add cream in this mixture and mix it all together.
29. Now add 1 tsp of butter and let this masala mixture cook for 2 minutes on medium flame.
30. Now add fresh paneer cubes in this gravy.
31. Take Kasuri methi on hand and rub it with both hands, sprinkle this crushed Kasuri methi in paneer.
32. Mix paneer butter masala.
33. Cover and cook it for 2 minutes.
34. Paneer Butter Masala is ready to serve.
The delicious dish is ready to serve. Make lacha paratha, fulka, roti, nan or butter roti and enjoy mouth-watering food. This post made it easier to everyone to make ‘Paneer Butter Masala’.
In this rainy season, everyone likes to eat hot and delicious dishes. Add this recipe in you monsoon food list and enjoy delicious food every day.
- If you add oil with butter, it will prevent burning the butter.
- Instead of ginger & garlic paste, you can add garlic cloves and chopped ginger.
- Add milk instead of water in this gravy. It will enhance the taste of the this tasty food.
- If you like sweetness then add sugar in this gravy.
- The texture of gravy is an important part of this recipe.
- Follow given steps and you will get a perfect texture and taste of paneer butter masala.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this recipe and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make YouTube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.