Medu Vada Recipe | How to Make Medu Vada | Easy Vada Recipe | Udad Dal Vada Recipe | Quarantine Food
Medu Vada Recipe | How to Make Medu Vada | Easy Vada Recipe | Udad Dal Vada Recipe – Step by step image instructions to make Medu Vada at home. Medu Vada is a famous food dish to have in breakfast or snack. This is a popular south Indian food, which is available everywhere in Mumbai. In this quarantine, everyone is craving for delicious street food, but due to this corona virus pandemic we all are lock down and can’t go out side to have this type of taste street food.
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
- Khasta Kachori Recipe
- Samosa Recipe
- Chana Chat Recipe
- Aloo Kabli Recipe
- Shev Recipe
- Poha Chivda Recipe
- Shankarpali Recipe
- Rava Appam Recipe
- Poha Recipe
We have limited grocery items at home and every one is worried how to make this type of food at home. Do not worry! Here, I am sharing medu vada recipe with the available ingredients. Like this vada recipe there are other recipes too, which I have already shared with you, Pani puri, Bombay sandwich, Khasata Kachori an many other dishes for quarantine period.
Ingredients For Medu Vada
- 1 small bowl Udad Dal
- 1 small bowl Mung Dal
- 1/2 bowl Coriander Leaves
- 5 green chili
- 1 inch of Ginger piece
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp black paper Powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 & 1/2 tsp Rice flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Coconut powder (Optional)
Process to Make Medu Vada at Home?
- Step 1:- Take Udal dal and moong dal which you have soaked in water for overnight. Then add this both dal in grinder bowl. Make a smooth paste out of it.
- Step 2:- Now take a little amount of paste and add ginger, coriander leaves, cumin powder and green chili in it. Then add this all items in a mixer grinder bowl and make a smooth paste out of it.
- Step 3:- Mix this mixture well. Now add black pepper, cumin seeds, Rice flour, coconut powder and salt. Mix this all together for 5 minute. You can see the batter is smooth and fluffy now. Keep it aside.
- Step 4:- Heat the oil. Now start making vada. Firstly deep you hand in water then take a small part of dough and make a small ball out of it. Now make a whole in the center of this ball. Give a shape like medu vada. Add this vada in hot oil.
- Step 5 :- Fry this Vada on medium flame, so vadal cooks well. Serve this hot medu vada with sambar or coconut chutney.
In this quarantine period all grocery items and veggies are not available so I am sharing one interesting coconut chutney recipe here. To make this chutney you will need some basic ingredients which are easily available at home. You can use any coconut like, dry coconut, grated coconut or any type of coconut which is available at home.
This is an easy recipe so everyone can make this medu vada easily. Here, I am sharing the complete process to make medu vada and coconut chutney. You can see the recipe for coconut chutney just below the step by step image instructions for medu vada.
How to Make Medu Vada?
1.Soak both dal in water for overnight. Next day drain the water.
2.Gather ingredients at one place.
3.Add water soaked moong dal and Udad dal in mixer grinder bowl.
4.Make a smooth paste.
5.Add ginger, cumin seeds, green chili and coriander leaves in the bowl.
6.Grind a smooth paste.
7.Now add Black pepper in the batter.
8.Add cumin seeds.
9.Also add rice flour.
10.Add coconut powder.
11.Now add salt as per taste.
12.Mix the batter well.
13.Heat the oil.
14.Deep hand in the water.
15.Take small dough out of batter.
16.Make a whole in the center on this ball.
17.If you feel that you hands will burn due hot oil, then use this second technique. Take a small part of dough, place it on spoon (Chamcha or Zara).
18.Make whole in the center.
19.Ready to fry.
20.Drop these medu vada in the oil by shaking the fingers or spoon (if using spoon).
21.Fry this wada in deep oil on medium flame till it turn golden.
22.Medu vada is ready.
Medu vada is ready to serve. Sambar and coconut chutney is a best combination ever. But in this lock down all grocery items and vegetables are not available, so for that purpose it is not possible to me to make sambar but yes I am sharing easy coconut chutney recipe to combine with Medu vada.
To make this chutney you will need basic ingredients. So make this dish at home and combine it with Medu vada or make it to eat with roti or rice. This chutney is suitable as a side dish with every food.
Ingredients For Coconut Chutney
- 1 Bowl Coconut Powder
- 5 Green Chili
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Bowl Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
Process to Make Coconut Chutney
- Step 1:- Gather all ingredients at one place. Then Make a smooth paste out off green chili, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt and coconut powder.
- Step 2:- Now heat the oil and add Mastared seeds and cumin seeds in this hot oil.
- Step 3:- Now ad this “tadka” in the coconut paste. Chutney is ready.
This is the process to make spicy and tangy coconut chutney. Making this chutney at home is a very easy task and needs very less efforts too. If you are making this chutney first time then visualization is very much important. Find step by step image instructions to make coconut chutney just below.
How to Make Coconut Chutney for Medu Vada?
1.Gather all ingredients at one place.
2.Make a smooth paste out of it.
3.Heat the oil in pan.
4.Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds in the hot oil.
5.Add this tadka and salt in coconut chutney.
6.Chutney is ready.
Coconut chutney is ready. Keep this chutney in refrigerator. Cool chutney is best fit with the hot Medu Vada. Serve this dish as breakfast or evening snack. I love to eat smabar with this Medu Vada.
Due to quarantine all grocery items are not avaialbe at home. So to make sambar, dal and some veggies are important, which are not available at home. So, it is not possible to me to make sambar, but this chutney is very delicious and best suit to medu vada.
- Add 1 to 1 & half tsp rice flour in this batter.
- To make coconut chutney you can use any type of coconut.
- Adding rice flour will make outer layer crispy.
- Actually ingredients are not available for sambar. That’s why I am sharing coconut chutney recipe.
- I have shared two technique to make medu vada, you can use any one of them.
- Serve this medu Vada with this spicy and tangy coconut chutney.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make youtube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.