Mathri Recipe | How to Make Methi Mathri Recipe ( with Step by Step Photos ) | Methi Mathri ki Recipe
Mathri Recipe | How to Make Methi Mathri Recipe ( with Step by Step Photos & Video ) | Methi Mathri ki Recipe – Here are the step-by-step video instructions to make “Methi Mathri” at home. In India, chai has a huge fan base and everyone has a habit to eat different types of snacks with chai.
In this, all Mathri is one of the popular snacks. Methi Mathri is suitable to serve as an evening snack with tea as it has a little sweet and salty taste.
In India, every region has their own preparation of different types of snacks. Mathri recipe is a traditional snacks recipe from North India.
Also read other “Diwali Faral” recipes
- Shankarpali Recipe
- Poha Chivda Recipe
- Balushahi Recipe
- Shev Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
- Rava Laddu
- Chiroti Recipe
Making Mathri is a tricky task. To make crispy, flaky and mouth watering mathri the key is a perfect dough made with maida flour, semolina, gram flour, ghee and water.
You can also add peppercorn and chili flakes in mathri dough, but adding kasuri methi provides traditional and authentic ‘Punjabi Mathri’ taste to it.
This dish is made during Diwali. Now Diwali is knocking on the door. The most important thing in all these Diwali preparations is to make Faral.
You have to do a lot of work on Diwali, which means buying new clothes, diyas, door hanging valances, rangoli and a lot of other things. And in all this work, doing faral (different type of snacks makes on diwali) during Diwali is next to impossible.
But if you have a perfect recipe for every dish, then this task becomes very easy. Today I am sharing with you a simple but perfect recipe of “Methi Matheri”.
- 1 Cup Maida Flour
- ¼ Cup Semolina
- 1 tbsp Gram Flour
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 1 tbsp Ajwain
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Salt
- Oil for frying
Process for Making Methi Mathri
- Step 1:- First sieve Maida flour, semolina, gram flour in one mixing bowl. Then mix all flour and add kasuri methi, ajwain and ghee in this flour. Mix all together.
- Step 2:- Now Add salt as per taste in this mixture and mix all. Add a little amount of water and make a dough out of it. Dough texture should be not too hard and not too soft. Keep dough aside for 10 minutes.
- Step 3:- Take a roll pin and rolling board. Roll round the disk with medium thickness. Thickness of rolled disk should not be too thin.
- Step 4:- Take a round shape cutter or you can use a small bowl or cap of the bottle which has medium size bowl shape. Cut round roti and make mathri.
- Step 5:- Prick using a fork to prevent puffing. Doing this process gives you a perfect look of “Methi Mathri”.
- Step 6:- Heat the oil for frying. Add Mathri in the oil and fry until it converts into golden brown color. Fry it on low flame.
- Step 7:- Mathri is ready. To make crispy and flaky Mathri, you will need to fry it for 10 minutes on low flame.
This was a process to make Methi Mathri. Below find step-by-step photo instructions to make perfect methi Mathri at home.
I always like to eat salty mathri with tea. This recipe is not that much salty as it has minimum salt and also has kasuri methi in it. While making mathri make sure that you have added enough salt and kasuri methi in a dough.
Prick using a fork to prevent puffing. This process will help you to make perfect Methi Mathri.
Following this complete recipe will give you the best taste in your Mathri preparation. You just need to follow the steps and make this delicious methi mathri at home.
- Prick using a fork to prevent puffing. This process will help you to make perfect Methi Mathri.
- Be careful while frying mathri.
- Store mathri in air tight container.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this recipe and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make YouTube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.