Maharashtrian Takachi Kadhi
Maharashtrian Takachi Kadhi | Kadhi Recipe in a Simple Way | Buttermilk Curry
Maharashtrian Takachi Kadhi – We always enjoy the combination of summer days and cold buttermilk. But if you don’t get fresh greens in the summer, then the answer to ‘what to make for a meal?’ is really easy when you have packet of buttermilk in your refrigerator.
Different types of Kadhi recipes are made in different part of Maharashtra. Today, I am going to share with you the recipe for the Kadhi in my home style. And the variation in kadhi recipes and taste is have not limited to Maharashtra, Yes! you will get to see versions of Kadhi recipe i all over India.
This dish is made in many ways like Rajasthani kadhi, Gujrathi kadhi, curd Kadhi, khandeshi Kadhi, Punjabi kadhi pakoda, etc. But the taste of home-made Kadhi has a special place in everyone’s heart. This applies to me too, in my home we always make kadhi from buttermilk and have some unwritten rules to make this delicious dish as per Aunty.
While making takachi kadhi we make base first, in that base we add gram flour, turmeric powder and salt. But if you are in hurry then I am sharing little different process to make this delicious recipe.
- Buttermilk – 1/2 ltr
- Curry leaves – 14-15 nos
- Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 10 nos
- Garlic – 5-6 nos
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – As per taste buds
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
How to Make Maharashtrian Takachi Kadhi
- Firstly make a paste of half coriander leaves, half green chili, garlic cloves, half curry leaves, half cumin seeds and water.(half of the given quantity)
- Heat oil and add mustards seeds, cumin seeds and paste.
- Fry well then add gram flour, salt and turmeric powder.
- Now fry all this mixture well.
- Add butter milk and water then give it a good mix.
- Boil Kadhi for 5 mins on low flame.
- Garnish coriander leaves.
- Takachi Kadhi is ready to serve.
This is a very simple recipe and it can be made in a short time, so do it and if you like the recipe, share it with your family and friends. I also like hear from you about your recipe of Kadhi so please share your special kadhi recipe with us in comment box.
Tips for your best cooking
- If you have wooden spoon then place it in Kadhi while boiling, if you do so then your Kadhi tastes better and get thick texture.
- Add minimum green chilies in kadhi and fry some extra green chili to serve with Kadhi. This makes your Kadhi edible to all for whom who love less spicy food and for people who love spicy food.
- If you add some peppercorn and ginger in paste then this kadhi will work like ‘kadha’.Good for allergenic cold and yes this is tried and tested it works magically.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to write a post on recipes or travel experience or want to make youtube video, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.