Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal Recipe | Rui Macher Matha Diye dal Moong | Biye barir Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal Recipe
Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal is the preparation of creamy moong dal with hot rice in Bengali style. This is the rich, aromatic and thick preparation of moong dal with the fresh fish head. In West Bengal you will get to see this type of Moong dal and rice on the next day of wedding. This is very delicious preparation made for bride on the next day of marriage. Macher matha diye moong dal have dominate presence of fresh fish which is fried in mustered oil and then added in creamy tadka moong dal.
On the occasion of traditional Bengali weddings you will get to see the Begun bhaja, chicken or mutton biryani and many delicious fish preparations. This is tasty, creamy and aromatic Rui macher matha diye moong dal with hot stemed rice is special preparation for newly married bride on the next day of wedding. You can also make katla macher matha diye moong dal, Bhaja moong dal or masoor dal with fish head.
- Shorsher Chingri Recipe
- Rohu Fish Curry Recipe
- Pomfret Fry Recipe
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 35 Minutes
- Cuisine : Bengali Recipe
- Diet : Non-Vegeterian
- Course : Lunch
- Author : Akuner Evahgi
Now you will think, why I am adding fish head in this moong dal preparation. So let me tell you this is the Bengali preparation of moong dal and we Bengali eat the very organ of fish. So you will find many preparation of the fish. Ilish Mach / Ilish fish is most famous fish of West Bengal. This type of moong dal preparation is not daily dish, it is special occasion. On daily basis we prepare massor dal or say simple moong dal, not using the fish head. So now try this new type of preparation of moong dal.
Ingredients for Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal
- 1 Bowl Moong Dal
- 2 Rohu Fish head
- 3 Green chili
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 Dry red chili
- 3 tbsp Oil (Mustered / soyabin refined oil)
- 1 tsp Mustered seeds
- salt as required
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp ghee
- 2 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 chopped Tomato
Process for Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal
- Step 1: Wash Moong dal and add it in presser cooker also add 4 cup of water. take 3-4 wistlers to cook soft moong dal.
- Step 2: Take rohu fish head in one bowl and wash it well. Drain the water then add turmeric powder and salt on the rohu fish. Rub salt and turmeric powder on the rohu fish head with help of hand.
- Step 3: Heat the oil and fry rohu fish head from both the side in hot oil. Fry this fish head well and keep it aside.
- Step 4: Now add mustered seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chili in the oil and fry it well. let them all spluttered there aroma in the oil.
- Step 5: Now add chopped onion in the hot oil and fry it well. Sprinkle some salt on the fried onion and mix it again.
- Step 6: Add chopped tomato and green chili in the fried onion. Fry well and add cumin powder in the mixture, mix it agaian.
- Step 7: Add little amount of red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and ginger-garlic paste in the fried mixture.
- Step 8: It is time to add boiled moong dal in this masala mixture. Stir it continuously and let the moong dal boiled.
- Step 9: After moong dal is boiled, crush the fried rohu fish head with the help of spatula and add this fried fish head in the boiling moong dal.
Now Bengali style dal rice is ready serve this type of preparation with raw nion and lemon. Now I am sharing with you the step by step instructions to make Riu macher matha diye moong dal. Follow the instructions and you moong dal will ready soon.
How to cook Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal?
*This is the single image instruction forMacher Matha Diye Moong Dal making, just follow the steps and yourMoong dal will ready.
1.Take one boel of moong dal.
2.Wash the moong dal and add it into the presser cooker also add 3-4 cup water.
3.Take 3 wisters of presser cooker to cook moong dal.
4.Moong dal is cooked now. Keep it aside.
5.Take the rohu fish head and wash it well. Drain the water.
6.Add turmeric powder on the fish head.
7.Sprinkle some salt on the fish head.
8.Rub and mix the turmeric powder-salt on the fish head.
9.Keep it aside.
10.Heat the oil and add fish head in the hot oil.
11.Fry it well.
12.Keep this fried fish head aside.
12.Heat the oil and add mastered seeds in the hot oil.
13.Add cumin seeds.
14.Also add dry red chili. Fry all together.
15.Add chopped onion in the hot oil.
16.Fry the onion well.
17.Add salt in the fried mixture.
18.Now add chopped tomato and green chili in the fried onion.
19.Let the mixture fry well.
20.Add Cumin powder in the mixture.
21.Now add Turmeric powder in the mixture.
22.Add little amount of red chili powder.
23.Now add ginger garlic paste into the masala mixture.
24.It is time to add garam masala powder in this mixture.
25.Let the mixture fry well.
26.Add little amount of water in the masala mixture and let it boil.
27.Take boiled moong dal and add little amount of turmeric powder in the dal. Mix well.
28.Add this moong dal in the fried masala mixture.
29.Take the fish head and crush it lightly with the help of wooden spatula.
30.Rohu fish head is crushed.
31.Add one cup of water in the moong dal.
32.let the moong dal boil.
33.Add fried crushed fish head pieces in the moong dal.
34.Let the fish head added moong dal boil.
35.Now pore 1 tsp ghee on the moong dal.
36.Cover the pan and let the moong dal and fish head boil.
37.Macher matha diye moong dal / Rohu macher matha diye moong dal is ready.
Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal is ready to serve. Serve this delicious preparation with steamed rice, also serve raw onion and lemon with this dal rice. Specifically in my house we eat gondhraj lebu (lemon) with the dal rice. I also recommend to eat fried lemon green chili with this Macher matha diye mung dal and rice.
- While frying fish head keep safe distance with pan.
- Use mustered oil if available, it will give you a very authentic Bengali taste of Moong dal.
- If you don’t like to eat red chili powder then add add green chili only.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.