How to roast chili peppers | Roasted green chili peppers in fire
How to roast chili peppers | Roasted green chilies in fire – Here are the step-by-step photo instructions for “How to roast chili peppers in the fire | Tangy & spicy roasted chili peppers”. In Mumbai, you will find different types of chili peppers.
In the state of Maharashtra, you will get a chance to eat many different types of chili dishes, example – Stuffed chillies, fried chillies, chilli vegetables, chilli pakoda and many other food dishes are made from chillies.
- Veg chow mein
- Rajma Recipe
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Kadhi Pakora Recipe
- Easy Mango Chutney Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
As a Maharashtrian girl, I have been a fan of different types of chillies from my childhood. Basically, I am from Jalgaon district of Maharashtra. In this district, peanut and green chilli curry is a very famous side dish.
Similarly, in some places, raw green chillies and roasted chillies in open flame are also eaten with relish. These chillies are very tasty to eat with Besan and Bhakri. Besan is a very famous dish, which is very popular in Maharashtra.
Benefits of roasted chili peppers
Chili peppers have vitamin C. My granny told me that green chili peppers help to reduce weight and burn fat. Chili’s fight with inflammation and it also helps to protect your heart. Green chili peppers help to lower high blood pressure.
Personally I love to eat roasted chili peppers and bell pepper but not charred skins of chilies. If someone does not like charred skin then can wash roasted green chilies under running water. It would help you to remove blackened skin of chili peppers.
Are chilies good ? | Is it good to eat chilies everyday?
Chili peppers can reduce the harmful effects of bad cholesterol, and bell pepper can fight inflammation, which has been noted as a risk factor for heart problems. Studies show that cultures that eat the spiciest foods have a lower risk of heart attack.
It is important to take some care while roasting chillies in fire, as they can burst during roasting. Do not worry, I have mentioned the process to roast chili peppers in fire with step by step photo instructions, you just need to follow and you can roast chili peppers in fire with safety and care.
- 3 chili peppers
- 1 Lemon
Process for roasted chili peppers recipe
- Step 1:- Firstly choose fresh chili peppers.
- Step 2:- Now mark cuts on all Chiles which you want to roast. Following this step make sure that chili peppers do not burst during the roasting process.
- Step 3:- Turn on the gas flame and set chili peppers on the fire.
- Step 4:- keep rolling chili peppers while roasting. Use tongs to roll the chili peppers.
- Step 5:- Let the chili peppers get black skin. Roast it from all the sides.
- Step 6:- Tap on the chili peppers with the help of cooking tongs. Now turn off the gas flame and put roasted chili peppers on the plate. You can see the blackened skin.
- Step 7:- Cut lemon, also slit roasted chili peppers.
- Step 8:- Sprinkle salt on the chili peppers and pour fresh lemon juice.
- Step 9:- Ta Da! Roasted chili peppers are ready to eat.
Eat this tangy, salty and little spicy chili peppers with Poha, Upma, Misal, Besan or any other your favorite dish. This roasted, tangy, salty and spicy chili peppers are a fabulous side dish for any veg or non-veg food dish.
If you have aluminum foil then use it for this recipe. You just need to put chillies in aluminium foil and set it on fire then roast chili. After roasting let them cool enough to handle. Now use a paper towel to rub the chillies, after rubbing chillies are easy to peel.
How to roast chili peppers in fire?
Here are the step by step photo instructions for “How to roast chili peppers”
1.Choose fresh chili peppers.
2. Mark small cuts on it.
3. Turn on the gas flame.
4. Set chili peppers on fire.
5. Roll and roast.
6. Use cooking tongs while rolling chili peppers.
7. Roast it on high flame.
8. Tap cooking tongs on chili pepper. (Remove black dust)
9. Turn off the gas flame.
10. Put roasted chili peppers on the plate.
11. See the outer layer of chili peppers are burned.
12. Take chili peppers.
13. Slit it.
14. Remove the burned outer layer of chili peppers. It will be very easy to peel.
15. Sprinkle salt.
16. Take fresh lemon.
17. Pour lemon juice on chili peppers.
18. Ta Da! Ready to eat.
Besan is traditional Marathi recipe. Recipe is easy to cook and taste is truly awesome. Hope you will love the taste too. Do not forget to share your experience with me.
- You can use other type of chillies too. eg:- bell peppers, different kind of red and green chillies.
- Careful while roasting chillies in open flame.
- Use cooking tongs to roll and roast chillies from all the sides.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this recipe and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make YouTube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.