Easy Egg Biryani Recipe with Potato | Recipe of Egg Dum Biryani (Instant Pot) | Anda Aloo Biryani | Recipe for Egg Biryani | How to Make Egg Biryani
Easy Egg Biryani Recipe with Potato | Recipe of Egg Dum Biryani (Instant Pot) | Anda Aloo Biryani | Recipe for Egg Biryani | How to Make Egg Biryani – Here are the step-by-step image instructions to make egg biryani at home. Have you ever wondered how to cook perfect egg biryani at home? If Yes! Then you are at the right place to get your answer with satisfaction.
Whenever we search for Egg Biryani Recipe on the internet, there are many recipes we get in the results, but which one is perfect and suitable for our taste buds is really difficult to find. For this purpose, I am sharing this must-try egg biryani recipe which could be a good fit for every biryani lover.
- Mango Chutney Recipe
- Egg Noodles Recipe
- Koraishutir Kochuri Recipe
- Bread Manchurian Recipe
- Omelette Pav Recipe
- Egg Burger Recipe
- French Fries Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
- Khasta Kachori Recipe
In this post, you will find the perfect quantity of ingredients and methods to prepare delicious egg biryani. It will help you to cook perfect egg & potato biryani at home.
I have already shared the Kolkata chicken dum biryani recipe with you. Today’s post is our second recipe on biryani. We normally use only eggs in egg biryani, but I am using potatoes as well. So this is egg and potato biryani.
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Potatoes
- 250-Gram Basmati Rice
- 3 Onion
- 7 Green Chili
- 1/2 Small Bowl Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 3 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 6-7 Peppercorns
- 4-5 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon
- 1-Star Raisins
- 1 tomato
- 3 tsp Biryani Masala
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken Masala
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Milk
- 3 tsp Butter
- 2 drop Kewra Water
- 1/2 tsp Yellow Food Color
The process to Make Easy Egg Biryani with Potato
You need to soak Basmati rice in the water for 1 to 2 hours for better results. If you can not soak the rice for a long time and want to make instant Egg Biryani then no issues, you can use normal rice, soak it in water for 20 minutes. In either of the cases, you should cook the rise up to 60%. You will also need fried onion for cooking potatoes, eggs and for garnishing as well.
- Step 1:- Wash the rice and soak it in water for 20 minutes. Keep it aside. Then take 4 eggs and 3 potatoes, cut potatoes in two pieces. Add potatoes and eggs in the cooker and boil it up to 70%.
- Step 2:- Now potatoes and eggs are boiled, remove the shell of the eggs & peel the potatoes. Sprinkle turmeric powder, biryani masala, red chili powder, salt and coriander powder on eggs and potatoes. Marinate it. keep it aside.
- Step 3:- Heat the oil. Add potatoes, fry them well and then add 1 tbsp butter & cover it for 3 minutes. Let the potatoes cook and moist in butter. After 3 minutes, remove the potatoes and add eggs by marking cuts on it. Fry the eggs and keep them aside.
- Step 4:- Now add green chili in hot oil. Fry well and add the onion. Add a little sugar and fry the onion. Sugar will help to fry onion crisps and develop color in golden brown.
- Step 5:- Grind tomato, mint leaves, onion and green chili puree, and add this puree in fried onion. Fry well, so the smell of raw tomato will not be there in gravy. Now add ginger-garlic paste. Give it a good mix.
- Step 6:- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, biryani masala and chicken masala in mixture. Mix all together and let it fry well. Add a little amount of water and then add potatoes and eggs. Give it a good mix. Also add fried onion and coriander leaves in the gravy.
- Step 7:- Now take 2 tsp of milk, add kewra water and yellow food color in milk. Mix well and keep it aside. This flavorful milk will give an authentic flavor to the biryani.
- Step 8:- Ok, so let the eggs and potatoes cook well and get an aroma of masala. Start boiling rice for biryani. Before this, you need to soak basmati rice in the water. This is one of the important parts of any biryani recipe. So start boiling water first. Add whole spices in this water, also add 2 tsp of oil. Let the water boil and add washed & water-soaked rice in the boiling water and let it cook up to 60%.
- Step 9:- Check the rice and drain the water once it boiled 60%. Put it in the bowl and remove whole spices if you want to. Add ghee in this rice and mix it. We already made fried onion for garnishing. If you want to know how to fry onion for garnishing purpose then click here for the recipe.
- Step 10:- Now everything is ready, let’s start to make layers of biryani before giving it dum. Take one cooker, pour ghee in it and spread the ghee well. Now add bay leaves which we have used while boiling the rice, use of bay leaf will prevent the rice at the bottom from burning.
- Step 11:- Add the first thin layer of rice. Then add potatoes, after that, again add a layer of rice and sprinkle fried onion and biryani masala. Now add the third layer of rice and then add eggs. Also add fried onion and sprinkle biryani masala. Now add the last layer of rice, then add leftover fried onion, whole spice which we have used in boiling the rice & pour milk (milk in which we have added kewra water).
- Step 12:- Take aluminum foil and cover the cooker. Now cover this with a lid and place weight on it, so the biryani will become well cooked and aromatic after dum. Place the cooker on gas and turn on the gas flame. Give dum to the biryani on high flame for the first 5 minutes then turn gas on low to very low flame and cook the biryani for next 20 to 25 minutes. Check after 25 minutes, your egg biryani is ready. Serve it with raita, baigara baingan, mint chutney or salad.
This was the process to make ‘Egg Biryani’. Below, I am sharing step-by-step photo instructions to make this delicious dish at home.
How to make Easy Egg Biryani with Potatoes?
These are the step by step photo instructions to make Easy Egg Biryani with Potatoes.
1. Take rice in a bowl.
2. Wash rice under running water.
3. Soak rice in water for 20 minutes.
4. Now take eggs and potatoes.
5. Cut potatoes in two pieces.
6. Add potatoes and eggs in the cooker and also add water for boiling these eggs and potatoes.
7. Boil eggs & potatoes 80%.
8. Then drain the water.
9. Add normal temperature water. Peel the skin of potatoes and remove eggshells.
10. Cut the veggies.
11. Sprinkle red chili powder, biryani masala, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder on eggs and potatoes.
12. Heat the oil and add potatoes in it.
13. Fry well, then add butter. (The butter will make potatoes moist).
14. Cover and cook the potatoes.
15. Remove potatoes and fry eggs now.
16. After frying eggs, add green chili in the oil.
17. Then add chopped onion.
18. Make tomato, green chili and onion paste.
19. Add tomato, green chili & onion paste in the mixture. Also add ginger-garlic paste in the fried onion.
20. Mix it well and add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, biryani masala and chicken masala in this mixture.
21. Mix all together.
22. Add a little amount of water.
23. Now add friend eggs and moist potatoes.
24. Also add fried onion and coriander leaves in potatoes and eggs. Let it cook for 5 minutes and turn off the gas flame.
25. Now start boiling the rice, add it in the cooker.
26. Gather all whole spices in one place.
27. Add these spices in the cooker.
28. Also add 2 tsp oil in water.
29. Boil rice 60%.
30. Check if the rice is cooked or not.
31. Drain the water from rice.
32. Add ghee in the rice.
33. Remove the whole spice if you want to.
34. We need kewra water added milk for Biryani. Take 2 tbsp milk in one small bowl.
35. Add Kewra water up to 4 to 5 drops.
36. Also add orange food color.
37. Give it a good mix.
38. Now take the cooker, pour ghee and spread it well. Place bay leaves in the cooker.
39. Add the first layer of rice.
40. Add gravy of eggs and potatoes.
41. Now add a second layer of rice.
42. Place potatoes, fried onion and coriander leaves.
43. Add the last layer of rice and place eggs. Also add remaining fried onion.
44. Sprinkle biryani masala and pour kewra water added milk. Also add Ghee.
45. Place aluminum foil on the top of the cooker and cover it well.
46. Cover cooker with lid.
47. Place a heavyweight on the lid and cook for 25 minutes on low flame.
48. Egg biryani is ready.
49. Serve biryani with love.
Egg and potato biryani is ready to serve to your beloved. You can serve gravy of eggs and potatoes, onion, lemon or mint chutney with this delicious Egg biryani. Want to know how to cook mouth-watering green chutney to combine with egg biryani then click here for the recipe.
After eating this biryani, a different taste touches the tongue. I really like the potatoes in the egg biryani. These potatoes are very soft and melt in the mouth. For biryani lovers, this is a delicious treat. I have seen many times that for a lot of people, the word biryani is a mood changer which seems to be like magic.
Using butter to soften the potatoes in this egg biryani is a great option. The use of butter gives the potatoes a distinct taste and softness. So if you ask me, I would also advise you to use butter when cooking or frying potatoes.
In this biryani recipe, I am telling you a very simple method of making egg biryani. So you can make this dish very easily and in less time. But yes, don’t forget to use potatoes, you will love its taste.
- Use minimum oil for gravy.
- Use ghee and butter, it enhances the taste.
- Do not overcook the potatoes, as they will also need to be fried and cooked in butter.
- Whether you keep or remove the spice is entirely up to you.
- How to fry onions is written in the previous Kolkata Biryani Post. You click here for it.
Let’s start a new trend, prepare this chutney and upload your recipe photos on Instagram, Facebook and other social media with hashtag #akunerrecipes.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make YouTube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.