Drumsticks Poppy Seeds Unique Recipe | Sojne Data Posto| Sojne Data Aloo Posto Chorchori Recipe | Unique Drumsticks Recipe
“Drumsticks Poppy Seeds Unique Recipe – Bengal Delicacy” is a veg recipe of West Bengal. Sojne data (Drumstick) curry is the preparation of poppy seeds paste and green chili with some collective whole spices. This recipe is flavored veg side dish which is very suitable with hot steam rice. In Bengali household ‘Kasundi’ is a favorite preparation to serve with this curry and rice as a side dish. Here you will get, the step by step image instruction to make this tasty poppy seeds base curry which has drumsticks benefits.
The drumsticks with poppy seeds puree recipe is authentic and traditional cuisine of Bengal. The recipe is made only with green chili, you will never find the use of red chili powder. This is pure vegetarian recipe. You can cook this recipe in very less time. Not only taste but drumsticks benefits are also there. Drumsticks have essential vitamins, calcium, minerals and iron too. Here the posto means poppy seeds paste.
- Macher Matha Diye Moond Dal
- Shorsher Chingri Recipe
- Rohu Fish Curry Recipe
- Pomfret Fry Recipe
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
The drumsticks are know as sojne data in Bengal, shevga in Maharashtra. It is widely used in many Bengali, South Indian and Maharashtrian dishes. I love to eat Marathi God-Ambat varan, South Indian Sambar and Rassam, Bengali sojne data posto or sojne data with aloo chorchori. There are many other preparations too. I love Bengali cuisine and culture. I ate this preparation first time when I went to Kolkata for Lord Durga Puja / Pujo. I have tried many dishes, trust me every dish has its own uniqueness, flavor and taste.
I am a foodie person, so I like to eat different kind of food, and today I am sharing with you one of my favorite vegetarian recipe for drumsticks – “Unique Drumsticks Poppy seeds Curry Recipe – Bengal Delicacy”. It is know as sojne data chorchori in Bengal. In this recipe we will going to see, how to cook drumsticks and potato which are simmered in a flavorful poppy seeds and green chili, which will go good with hot stem rice. So let’s get started.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 25 Minutes
- Total Time : 30 Minutes
- Cuisine : Bengali Cuisine
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Side dish
Ingredients for Drumsticks Poppy Seeds Unique Recipe
- 3 Drumsticks (1 inch cut and boiled)
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds / posto
- 1 clove
- 5-6 green chili
- 1 dry red chili
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cardamom
- 3 tbsp oil
If you like to eat coconut powder then surely add coconut powder in posto paste and grind it well. Using the whole spices are totally optional, if you have some stomach related problem then do not use whole spices. Using green chili in very minimum quantity will not make an bad effect on your body and taste of this dish too.😇
Process for Drumsticks Poppy Seeds Unique Recipe
- Step 1: Firstly cut the drumstick in two-inch pieces and boiled it in water. Add a little amount of salt in the water. Boil this drumstick 60% for 3 minutes. It should be 60% cooked. Now also peel and cut the potatoes in the same size as drumstick cut.
- Step 2: Heat the oil and fry drumstick first. Take off the drumstick out of the pan. Then add chopped potato in hot oil also add turmeric powder and salt in potato. Fry it well. Keep it aside.
- Step 3: Make the smooth paste of green chili and posto. Heat the oil, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chili, clove and cardamom in this hot oil. Let the whole spices splutter their aroma in the oil.
- Step 4: Now add drumstick and potato in the oil. Also add turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt in this potato and drumstick. Mix and fry it well. Let the mixture fry well.
- Step 5: It is time to add the paste of potato and green chilli in this mixture. Mix it well. Add water and let the potato boil and cook. Cover the curry for 5 minutes. Curry is ready.
Above is the process for making drumsticks curry, but if someone is very new in cooking then visualization is very important, for that purpose I am sharing image instructions | photo instructions to make “Unique Drumsticks Poppy seeds Curry Recipe – Bengal Delicacy” at home. So let’s start to follow step by step image instruction to make Unique Drumsticks Poppy seeds Curry.
How to Make Drumsticks Poppy Seeds Unique Recipe?
This is the image instructions to make “Unique Drumsticks Poppy seeds Curry Recipe – Bengal Delicacy” at home. Just follow the easy step by step photo instructions and your Unique Drumsticks Poppy seeds Curry will ready in minutes.
1.Cut the drumstick and potatoes in two inch pieces.
2. Boil the drumstick in water, also add pinch of salt in the water.
3. Keep boiled drumsticks aside.
4. Heat the oil and fry the drumsticks.
5. Fry potato by adding turmeric and salt.
6. Take some green chilies in plate. Keep both potato and drumsticks aside.
7. Add the posto / Poppy seeds and green chili in mixer grinder bowl.
8. Now make the smooth puree out of it.
9.Heat the oil and add mustered seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli, clove and cardamom in the oil.
11. Add drumsticks in the oil. Fry well.
12. Now add potatoes in the oil,
13. mix well.
14. Now add garam masala.
15. Add cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt.
16. Let the mixture fry.
17. Add posto and green chili paste in it.
18. Add water, mix it well and let it boil.
19. Now add some green chilies for aroma.
20.Unique Drumsticks poppy seeds curry is ready.
This curry goes well with steam rice. I like to eat raw onion and mango pickle with this drumsticks poppy seeds curry. When I visited to Bengal first time, that time I ate this dish. The hotel owner where I ate this curry told me that, the Kasundi is best side dish with this sojne data r aloo posto. It is also know as sojne data r aloo chorchori.
- While frying the potato and drumsticks keep safe distance between you and stove.
- Add little amount of salt while boiling the drumsticks.
- Drumsticks should be 60% cooked.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.