Colorful Chirote Recipe – Marathi Traditional Recipe | Chiroti Recipe | Easy Chirote Recipe
“Colorful Chirote Recipe” is one of the Maharashtiean recipe. I am sharing with you a new style of making chirote which is a traditional recipe with modern touch. Basically chirote is a sweet dish, but you can make it Namkeen as well. Chirote is a recipe of Maida flour with little amount of sweet paste of cornflour. Today I am sharing with you a very new, easy and best recipe for Chirote. If you are wondering how to make chirote at home? then here you will get step by step instructions for making colorful chirote.
There are many recipes available for chirote, but you will not find this one. The colorful and delicious chirote recipe is here for you. You will need very few ingredient to make this chirote at home. There is no need of professional cooking skills and you just need to follow given steps and the delicious chirote will be ready to eat.
- Shorsher Chingri Recipe
- Rohu Fish Curry Recipe
- Pomfret Fry Recipe
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kande Pohe Recipe
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
My story of Colourful Chirote
In my aunt’s house they celebrate “Kanumata festival ” every year. Basically Lord Kanubai Mata is from Khandesh, Maharashtra. This is very well known festival and everyone celebrate this it with spiritual love and dedication in the monsoon season. I ate this chirote first time when I went to my aunt’s home for this Kanubai Mata Puja.
Chirote is the Navidhyam for “Kanubai Mata” and trust me this is very amazing in taste. So I am sharing very unique and traditional recipe of this Kanubai Mata festive and this is different recipe than traditional chirote.
You can also make this sweet dish on other special occasions like Diwali, Navratri, Makar Sankranti or any other festivals. Now we are celebrating Lord Ganesha puja, so this is the best dessert to offer to Lord Ganesha and your friends-family on Bhagwan Ganesha Puja. Let’s start to make Colorful Chirote.
- Serve For : 8 People
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 Minutes
- Total Time : 40 Minutes
- Cuisine : Marathi Cuisine
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Dessert / Sweet
Ingredients for Colorful Chirote Recipe
- 1 Cup Maida Flour
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp red food color
- 4 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp yellow food color
- 2 tsp powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green Food Color
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1 bowl Sugar
- 2 drop of rose water
Process for Colorful Chirote Recipe
- Step 1: Take Maida flour in one bowl add 2 tbsp ghee in it. Mix the ghee well. After mixing ghee in the maida flour, take water and kneed the very soft dough out of it and cover the dough. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Step 2:Now make small ball out of the dough in same size. rolled very thin round disk. now roll all the small dough ball. Use rolling pin to roll this small ball. You have to roll thin round disk / Roti.
- Step 3:Take one mixing bowl and add cornflour in it, also add 2 tbsp of ghee in it and whisk it with the help of whisker. Remember we have to make very smooth paste. No lumps should be there in paste.
- Step 4: Take first rolled roti and spread this cornflour and ghee paste on it. Take 1 tsp water in three small bowls and add red, yellow, green color in this bowl and mix it well.
- Step 5: Now spread any red color on the first round disk. Now follow the same process place second rolled roti on this color roti and spread cornflour paste and spread green color on it. Place third roti and spread cornflour paste. Also spread yellow color. Do this until the roti finished.
- Step 6: Now roll this round disk (poori) into log. Now cut the edges of the rolled log, keep it aside. Cut the log in 1/2 inches pieces. Place in the plat.
- Step 7: Now press this 1/2 inch piece on the rolling board. Press gently with the finger and roll the roti slightly so the layers are visible. Roll all the pieces.
- Step 8: Roll all the pieces. Chirote is rolled now. Heat the oil and fry this chirote in the oil on low flame. Fry until in convert into the golden color.
Above is the process to make chirote, but if you are making it first time at home then it is necessary for you to have step by step image instructions. See the visualization below.👇
How to make Colorful Chirote at Home?
This is the step by step image instructions to make colorful chirote at home. Just follow the steps and your colorful chirote will ready to eat.
1.Take Mainda in one mixing bowl and add Ghee in it.
2. Mix it well with the help of your hand.
3.Mix until the flour get smooth texture.
4.Now take water and kneed the dough. Cover it.
5.Now take corn flour in bowl and add ghee in it.
6.Whisk it well.
7. Make smooth paste out of it.
8.Take three bowl and make color water.
9.Take kneed dough and make a round roll.
10.Now cut this rolled log in 1/2 inch pieces.
11.Make a ball.
12.Take this pieces one by one and rolled the thin round disk (poori).
13.Place this rolled poori on the rolling board and pore cornflour paste on it.
14. Spread it well.
15:Pore 2-3 drop red color water on it.
15:Spread it well.
16:Take second thin rolled poori and place it on first one and spread cornflour paste, also pore green color.
17:Take third thin rolled poori and place it on second one and spread cornflour paste also pore yellow color. do this with all poories.
18:Now roll this all colorful layered pooris in the log tightly.
19:Make log tight.
20:Cut this log in one inch pieces and keep it aside.
21: Take pieces and press it gently by fingers.
22: Roll the pieces with the rolling pin, so that the layers are visible.
23:Heat the oil and deep this rolled colorful small roti in the oil.
24:Fry it on low flame, until it convert into the golden color.
25: Take some fried Chirote in plat and sprinkle powder sugar on it.
26:Make sugar syrup. Add rose water in it.
27:Take remaining chirote and pore sugar syrup on it.
Colorful Chirote is ready to eat. You can make chirote in other size and design too, like press the small layered ball and fry it as it is. Make other design like Bhakarwdi, etc. This colorful chirote has very good look and delicious taste. So try this new tasty recipe at home.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
- While frying chirote keep gas on low flame.
- Roll the chirote without giving high pressure, just roll it slightly.
- Fry chirote in golden color.
- Add rose water in sugar syrup and make flavored sugar syrup.
- If you want to store this chirote for 10-15 days then do not pore sugar syrup just sprinkle the powder sugar.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience