Chicken Rassa Marathi | Chicken Rassa Banane Ki Recipe
Chicken Rassa Marathi | chicken rassa banane ki recipe – Here is the chicken rassa recipe with step-by-step chicken rassa images and video. I am also sharing how to make chicken rassa masala at home.
Chicken rassa is a flavourful liquid curry made with strong spices. This recipe is very famous in one of the chicken recipes from Maharashtra.
There are much famous chicken preparation in Maharashtra but the spicy chicken gravy is a famous dish and its flavorful liquid curry is my favorite preparation among all chicken recipes.
I have always loved to travel and one day when I was traveling for Mahabaleshwar, that time I taste this mouthwatering chicken rassa with bhakri and rice.
- Malvani Fish Fry Recipe| How to Make Malvani Pomfret Fish Fry with Malvani Masala
- Easy Egg Biryani Recipe with Potato | Recipe of Egg Dum Biryani (Instant Pot) | Anda Aloo Biryani | Recipe for Egg Biryani | How to Make Egg Biryani
- Bengali Aloo Dum Recipe | alur dom | Dum Aloo Recipe With Fried Eggs | Bengali Food Recipe | Potato Spicy Curry Recipe
- Green Chicken | Hariyali Chicken Recipe | Murg Hara Masala
- Macher Matha Diye Moong Dal Recipe
That was an amazing experience to eat this delicious chicken gravy with bajra bakri and rice with the magnificent atmosphere as it was just the start of the monsoon. It was raining outside we are eating this delicious hot chicken gravy with hot steam rice.
So I thought, why not share this authentic recipe of chicken rassa with you all. Here, in this post, I am sharing a recipe for chicken rassa from the basics, which means making homemade flavourful chicken rassa masala, onion masala for gravy, and the best way to cook the chicken.
I have one friend from Kolhapur, Maharashtra, so I asked her to give me the recipe for this tasty dish. And yes she gave me this authentic and traditional recipe for rassa. After trying this recipe I was satisfied with the taste and it taste the same as the chicken rassa I have tasted on the route of Mahabaleshwar.
You can make this chicken rassa with normal boiler chicken or to get the best result use gavran chicken. So let’s get started.
Ingredients for Homemade Garam Masala
- Black Cardamom – 1 nos
- Bay Leaf – 2 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 nos
- Black Pepper – 2 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 3 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Mace – 1 nos
- Dry Red Chili – 5 nos
- Coconut Powder – 2 tbsp
How to make homemade chicken masala
1. Firstly add all whole spices to the hot pan except coconut powder.
2. Roast all spices on medium flame.
3. Roast spices for 2-3 mins on medium flame.
4. Now keep spices aside and let it cool.
5. Add coconut powder and roast it for 1 min.
6. Do not burn the coconut powder.
7. Now remove coconut powder from the pan and keep it aside.
8. Let the all spices cool down.
9. Add all roasted spices to the mixing bowl.
10. Grind all spices into fine powder.
11. And homemade garam masala is ready to use.
12. This masala has a shelf life of one year.
Now garam masala is ready. We need one puree to add to this chicken rassa. You will need very less ingredients to make this masala puree. So let’s make the puree.
Ingredients for Masala puree
- Onion – 1 nos
- Tomato – 1 nos
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1/4th cup
How to make masala puree for chicken rassa
1. Firstly mark cut on onion and tomato.
2. Place stand on a gas burner.
3. Turn on the gas flame.
4. Now place tomato and onion on a stand.
5. Roast from all sides for 5 mins.
6. Now turn off the flame.
7. Remove roasted onion and tomato.
8. Let it cool.
9. Now add this roasted onion and tomato in the mixing bowl.
10. Also add coriander leaves and ginger garlic paste.
11. Now add water and grind it in a fine puree.
12. Base masala puree is ready.
This is a basic masala puree to add to chicken rassa. This puree makes this recipe very delicious, so I would recommend you to make this puree, do not skip the part by adding normal onion and tomato gravy without roasting it.
Now let’s make chicken soup before making rassa. This is also known as ‘Alani’ in some parts of Maharashtra. You can eat this dish like soup or can pair it with steamed rice or bhakri. This soup is healthy and also a good food option for your kids. So first we will make chicken soup (alani). I will cook the chicken completely and then will start to make chicken rassa.
Ingredients for Chicken Soup (Alani)
- Chicken – 500 gram
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 nos
- Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp
- Water – 3 cup
These is the ingredients we need to make chicken alani or chicken soup before we make delicious chicken rassa. While roasting spices, keep the flame medium to low. Do not burn the spices, if you do so the masala will taste bitter.
How to make chicken soup (Alani)
1. First, we need to marinate the chicken.
2. Take 500-gram chicken and wash it well.
3. Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili and coriander powder in the chicken.
4. Mix and marinate this chicken for 20 mins.
5. Firstly heat 2 tbsp oil.
6. Add onion in the oil and fry for 2 mins on medium flame.
7. Add coriander leaves, turmeric powder, salt and coriander powder to this fried onion.
8. Mix all together.
9. Now add marinated chicken and mix all well.
10. Add water and give it a good mix.
11. Now cover and cook chicken for 15 mins on low flame.
12. Cook chicken 100%.
13. Check after 15 mins, chicken is cooked and chicken soup is ready to eat.
14. Now turn off the gas flame and keep chicken soup aside.
Chicken soup (alani) is ready. You can have it as a soup of can pair it with steamed rice. Making this soup and adding in spicy chicken rassa is a heavenly delight.
We already made homemade garam masala, base masala puree, and chicken soup. We also cooked chicken completely now it is time to make our delicious and spicy chicken rassa.
Ingredients for chicken rassa
- Chicken Soup
- Homemade Garam Masala – 2 tsp
- Base Masala Puree
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Adding chicken soup to chicken rassa gives a good taste to chicken rassa. We have already made homemade garam masala and base puree which is like ‘icing on the cake’ for this recipe. So let’s see how to make chicken rassa recipe marathi at home.
How to Make Chicken Rassa
1. Firstly heat oil and add base masala puree in the hot oil.
2. Mix and cook this masala puree for 2 mins on medium flame.
3. Now add all the powder spices and mix all together.
4. Add a splash of water and chicken soup then cook the masala for 2 mins.
5. Now add chicken pieces and chicken soup to this masala.
6. Mix all together.
7. Boil this chicken rassa for 10 mins on medium flame.
8. After 10 mins chicken rassa is ready to serve you can serve it with bhakri or rice.
This is the recipe for chicken rassa. Hope you like the post and recipe. Your valuable comments always motivate me to write more and more about my favorite niche which is food. If you feel any improvements or feedback then we always welcome you to do so.
Some more non-veg recipes
- Biryani – For Beginners | Chicken Dum Biryani Recipe | Kolkata Style Chicken Biryani in Pressure Cooker | Easy Kolkata Biryani Recipe
- Shorsher Chingri Recipe
- Mutton Curry Recipe | How to Make Mutton Curry – For Beginners
- Egg Noodles Recipe | Eggs Noodles Homemade | Egg Noodles | How to Cook Egg Noodles
- Tawa Chicken Leg Recipe
- Gavran Chicken Curry
- Kombdi rassa
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make youtube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.