Champakali Recipes | 3 Best Recipes of Champakali
Champakali Recipes | 3 Best Recipes of Champakali | Unique Champakali Recipes
India is the country of tradition, culture and festivals. Every state, every religion in India have their own festivals and every festival has their own importance. As festivals are different, so the way of celebrating festival is different too and of course, same applies to the food also. Every year August month comes with the lot of festivals. The festival season is starting from Shravan somvar, Janmashtami, continuing with Ganesha Chaturthi, Navratri, Diwali and many more festivals. “Champakali Recipe” will help you to make your festivals more memorable with the delicious taste and easy to make quality.
Champakali is the recipe of namkeen basically, but today I am sharing with you, 3 different type of recipes for Champakali. In Diwali season you will get to see this dish in every alternative household, as it is traditional and special dish to make on the occasion of Diwali. Today’s recipe I have learned from my Kaku (aunt), she always cook this dish on the occasion of Ganesha Chaturthi and Diwali. You will be able to make champakali at home very easily and on every occasion, as I am sharing with you the step by step image instructions to make Champakali, which will save your time on the busy days of the festival or on your family function.
- Ukadiche Modak Recipe | 2 Naivedhyam Recipes
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
- Bread Rasmalai Recipe
- Brinjal Masala Recipe-1
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Safed Matar Recipe
I am Making this dish and sharing this post with you very soon and of course before Diwali, so you can make this champakali on the occasion of Ganesha Chaturthi, Navratri, Gauri Pujan and many other festivles. Celebrate this beautiful ringing bell of festivals like Janamshtami, Ganesha Chaturturthi, Navratri and all festivals with easy to make and delicious dishes of akuner. Champakali is very easy and less time consuming Namkin to make on this busy festivals.
- Serve For : 6 People (Prasadam)
- Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 40 Minutes
- Total Time : 50 Minutes
- Cuisine : Marathi Recipe
- Diet : Vegeterian
- Course : Naivedyam, Namkeen, Sweet
To make this Champakali at home you will need very few ingredits which are easily available at home. In this Champakali Recipes post you will get 3 different way to make champakali on the any special occasion. As I am sharing with you the 3 different type of easy recipe for chamapakali, so you will get option to make any one of them whichever you like.
3 Recipes of Champakali
- Traditional Champakali Recipe
- Pan / leaf Champakali Recipe
- Sweet Champakali Recipe
This post will help you a lot to make this delicious dish at home in this busy festival days. As you get 3 type of recipes of champakali at one place so it is very easy to you to compare which one you like most and want to cook in your kitchen with your beautiful hands. Important point is you will need same ingredients for all 3 type of champakali Recipes, only process is different. So let’s get started.
Ingredients for 3 type of Champakali Recipe
We need same ingredients to make this 3 different type of champakali. So it will really very easy to you cook the variety of Champakali at home with minimum ingredients and time.
- 3 cup Maida Flour
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds / Til
- 3 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coconut powder
- 1 tsp fennel seeds / Sounf
- Salt as required
- 1 tsp amchoor powder
- Rose water
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain / ova
- 2 tsp powder sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- Food color (red and green )
1. Process for Traditional Champakali Recipe
- Step 1: Take Maida flour, Gram flour in one mixing bowl. Add Ajwain, fennel seeds, red chili powder, cumin powder, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and salt in the flour mix. Mix it together.
- Step 2: Add warm oil in the flour and mix it well. Now add little amount of water and knead the dough. We need a soft dough for making this traditional champakali. Dough is ready now.
- Step 3: Now make one small ball out of the dough. Roll the round dish like puree or roti. Now cut the rolled round disk in two-pieces and mark the straight line cut in the center, leaves some space in the end.
- Step 4: Now roll it with help of your hands and press the edges. After you rolled it you will see that it gets the nice layer.
- Step 5: Heat the oil. Start frying the chamakali in the hot oil on medium flame. Fry this champakali until it gets the golden color from each side.
- Step 6: It is fried now. Take champakali out of the oil and drain the excess oil.
- Step 7: Mix red chili powder, powder sugar and salt in one small bowl. Take fry champakali in one bowl or plat and sprinkle this salt, powder sugar and red chili powder on the it.
Traditional Champakali is ready. Serve this dish your friends and family on the festive or any other occasion. It will suitable to any party or any festival. In this post you 2 more recipes for Champakali. One recipe we have just completed which is traditional champakali, but image instruction are very important so let’s see the image instructions for the recipe.
How to make Traditional Champakali at Home?
This is step by step instruction with images for Traditional Champakali.
1.Take one mixing bowl. Add Maida flour, gram flour, red chili powder, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cumin powder, ajwain, salt and sesame seeds in it.
2. Add warm oil in this mixture, mix it well.
3. Now add a little amount of water and oil knead the dough very soft.
4. Make the small ball out of the dough.
5. Now flatten the bowl and roll the round dish like roti.
6. Cut the round dish in two rectangular shape.
7. Mark the straight line cut in the center, leaves some space in the end.
8.Now roll it with help of your hands and press the edges.
9. After you rolled it you will see that it gets the nice layer.
10. Heat the oil. Start frying the chamakali in the hot oil on medium flame. Fry this champakali until it gets the golden color from each side.
11. It is friend now. Take it out of the oil and drain the excess oil.
12.Mix red chili powder, powder sugar and salt in one small bowl.
13. Take friend champakali in one bowl or plat and sprinkle this salt, powder sugar and red chili powder on the it.
Our traditional champakali is ready. Now one type of recipe and one part of our post is completed. As I told you we need same ingredients for all type of champakali recipe. So let’s move on our second recipe, which is pan / leaf champakali.
2.Process for Pan Champakali Recipe
- Step 1: Take one mixing bowl. Add Maida flour, gram flour, red chili powder, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cumin powder, ajwain, salt and sesame seeds in it.
- Step 2: Now add pinch of green food color and start to kneading the dough. Make soft dough out of it.
- Step 3: Make one small ball out the dough. Roll the round disk. We are following same process like we did in traditional champakali recipe.
- Step 4: Round disk is ready cut it into the two pieces. Mark the cut in the centre of the rolled roti. Leave some space at the end. Now roll the cut roti, press the edges and turn one egde from the center side of the rolled champakali. You will see that it gets the nice layer and shape like the leaf or pan.
- Step 5: Heat the oil and fry this leaf / Pan champakalion medium flame. Fry it for 6-7 minutes. Let it fry crispy. Pan champakali is ready. Sprinkle salt, powder sugar and red chili powder on this fried pan / leaf champakali.
We are completed the process to make this leaf recipe but image instructions are really very important because the shape of it is little tricky. This champakali is tasty as well as looks good in the Naivedhyam. So offer a delicious+good looking Naivedhyam to Lord Ganesha, Gauti and Laxmi. So let’s get started!
How to Make Leaf / pan champakali?
1.Take one mixing bowl. Add Maida flour, gram flour, red chili powder, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, cumin powder, ajwain, salt, sesame seeds and green food color in it. Add oil and water and knead the soft dough out of it.
2. Make small ball out of the dough.
3. Roll the round disk.
4. Cut the round disk in two rectangular pieces. Mark the cuts in the center. Leave some space at edges.
5. Roll cut roti with the help of your hands and press the edges. Now turn one edge from the center take it out like shown in the image.
6. You will see that it gets the nice layer and shape like the leaf or pan. Now it is ready to fry.
7. Heat the oil and start frying it. Fry the chamapakli on low flame. Fry it for 6-7 minutes and your pan champakali is ready.
8. Sprinkle salt, powder sugar and red chili powder on the pan champakali.
Now pan / leaf champakali is ready. This dish has very good look with the delicious taste. It looks similar to a leaf of tree and taste is just like traditional chamapakali. So the second type of it is ready, means pan or leaf champakali is ready. Now this is time to make our third recipe, which is sweet champakali. We need same ingredients for this 3rd recipe or say less than that. We need Maida flour, sugar, saffron, water, red food color, coconut powder, rose water, salt, powder sugar.
3. Process for Sweet Champakali Recipe
- Step 1: Take one mixing bowl, add Maida flour, a pinch of salt, coconut powder, powder sugar and red food color.
- Step 2: Add oil and water in it and make a soft dough out of it. Now make a small ball out of it and roll the round disk.
- Step 3: Now cut this round disk in two pieces. Also, mark the cut in the center of the cut rectangular piece of round dish.
- Step 4: Now start rolling this with the help of your hands. And press the edges, give shape it as we did in traditional recipe.
- Step 5: Heat the oil and fry this champakali at low flame. Also add sugar and water in one pan and make the sugar syrup. Add saffron and rose water in the sugar syrup.
- Step 6: It is friend, drain the oil and take it one plate. Pore flavored sugar syrup on fried champakali.
The Recipe is ready now, but image instructions are important. So I am sharing with you the step by step photo / image instructions for the sweet champakali Recipe.
How to make Sweet Champakali at Home?
1.Take one mixing bowl, add Maida flour, a pinch of salt, coconut powder, powder sugar and red food colour.
2. Add oil and water in it and make a soft dough out of it.Now make a small ball out of the dough.
3. Roll the round disk like roti. Cut it in rectangular two pieces.
4. Mark cuts in the centre and sprinkle some coconut powder on it.
5. Now roll the cut round disk and press the edges.
6. Heat the oil and fry it for 6-7 minute.
7. Add sugar and water in one pan and make sugar syrup. We do not need very thick sugar syrup just boil the water and let the sugar dissolved.
8. Add rose water and saffron in the sugar syrup.
9. Now take fried sweet chamapkali in one plate and pore sugar syrup on it.
Hey friends all champakali recipes are completed. Try this recipes and post your experience in comment box. All type of recipes are very easy and very quick too. In this busy days of festivals or if you have any program at home, then this all recipes are best to cook.
- If you fry champakali on high flame then it will not be fully cooked.
- If you want crispiness in this dish then add ghee instead of oil while making dough.
- Using food color is optional you can make champakali without using food color.
- In sweet champakali you can also add powder of dry fruits while kneading the dough.
- Remember in sweet champakali do not use fennel seeds, red chili powder, cumin powder and the masala which we have used in traditional champakali and paan champakali.
Dewali delight food is ready. We are in the phase of festivals now and in this beautiful season I am going to share many more delicious and interesting recipes with you, which are way easy to cook, good😍 looking😋 and delicious too.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.
10 thoughts on “Champakali Recipes | 3 Best Recipes of Champakali”
Hey! thank you so much koolkosherkitchen😇🥰!
My pleasure, dear!
Pingback: Shankarpali Recipe | How to Make Shankarpara | Diwali Faral - Akuner
Pingback: Balushahi Easy Recipe | How to Make Badushah or Balushahi - Akuner
Pingback: Pani Puri Recipe for Beginners | How to Make Pani Puri | Quarantine Food
Pingback: Bombay Sandwich | How to Make Veggie Sandwich With Aloo Masala
Pingback: Vada Pav Recipe with Dry Garlic Chutney and Green Chutney | Vada Pav
Pingback: Bread Manchurian Recipe | How to Make Bread Manchurian - akuner