Cauliflower Curry Recipe | Flower chi Bhaji
Cauliflower curry is the very famous preparation of cauliflower in Maharashtra, India. In Maharashtra Cauliflower is know as flower, fulkobi or fulgobi. Flower batata rassa it is the traditional Marathi recipe, but today I am sharing with you only cauliflower curry or flower chi bhaji. In this cauliflower curry recipe you will find taste, spiciness and sweetness together. It is really very easy to make. For making this recipe you will need very basic ingredients and this all ingredients are easily available at your home, so you can make this curry in very less time. Excited for the new recipe? Which is suitable to your everyday cooking plan, then read on!
- Snake Gourd Recipe
- Methi Curry
- Stuffed Capsicum / Bharwa Shimla Mirch
- Patodi Rassa Recipe | Kachi Patodi Rassa | Besan ki Sabji
- Peb Fort / Vikatgad Trek / Neral / Matheran
In my home, we have many versions of this cauliflower curry like potato flower, green piece flower, green chili flower curry, flower batata rassa and many more. I am sharing with you one of my favorite recipe for cauliflower curry. Actually this recipe is very easy to make and take very less time and efforts to cook. This type of flower curry I like to eat with steamed rice. You can enjoy the taste of this curry with roti or bhakri also but it tastes best with rice. I used to ask my Kaku(aunt) to cook this curry for my school lunch box, because I love to eat the cauliflower dry curry with roti too.
My story For Cauliflower Curry!
Everyone has there own story for everything. Toady I am sharing with you my story for cauliflower curry and very different preparation of cauliflower which is good fit with steamed rice. There are many cauliflower recipes are available but you will not find this recipe. Soon I will share with you cauliflower fried rice recipe which is really good for health, cauliflower pizza, a cauliflower grilled cheese sandwich and many more cauliflower recipes, if you want me to share! so please type comment in comment box with your beautiful hands, if you want me to share this delicious recipes. Want to know more? Then read on!
I like to eat cauliflower curry and I have craze for this preparation from my childhood. Let me tell you one interesting story! When I was in 4th standard my grandma was cooking this cauliflower curry at home and I was playing with my doll. She was doing her work and I was surprisingly watching that, because for me flower means rose, jasmine, marigold and our normal flowers. So I asked grandma why it’s called flower because this is not flower, this is vegetable. Grandma started laughing and after some time when her laughter stopped, she told me that, “see the head of this cauliflower, doesn’t it look like a flower?” I said, “yes!” “So that’s why we called it flower.” This is my short but sweet memory with my grandmother and of course with cauliflower.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 7 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 15 Minutes
- Total Time : 22 Minutes
Ingredients for cauliflower Curry
- 250 gram Cauliflower
- 2 Medium size onion (thin slice chopped)
- 1 Tomato
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustered seeds
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3-4 Green chili
- 1 tsp Garam masala
Process for Cauliflower Curry
- Step 1: Firstly take a cauliflower head in one mixing bowl and wash it well. After that boil the water and add cauliflower in this hot water. Let it boil for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes drain the water and put cauliflower in one bowl. Keep it aside.
- Step 2: Now take onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chilli at one place. Chopped this all and keep it aside. Peel the garlic cloves and ginger, then make the smooth puree of tomato, onion, ginger and garlic.
- Step 3: Take one pan and heat the oil. Fry cauliflower in oil first for 2 minutes, remove the cauliflower from the pan and keep it aside. Then add mustard seeds and curry leaves in this hot oil, let them splatter there aroma. After that add chopped green chili in oil once mustered seeds and curry leaves are spluttered in oil.
- Step 4: It is time to add chopped onion in oil. Fry it well, let the onion convert into the golden brown color and get a smooth texture. After the onion is perfectly fried and smooth, add tomato, onion, ginger and garlic puree in it and fry it well.
- Step 5: Puree is fried now, add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt in it and fry this mixture well. Let the oil release from the masala mixture and then add 3 cups of water in it and mix it again. Let the water boil and cauliflower cooked for 5-7 minutes. Your cauliflower curry is ready. Serve it with roti, bhakri or rice. Don’t forget to serve the salad.
How to Make cauliflower Curry
*This is the single image instruction for cauliflower curry making, just follow the steps and your cauliflower curry will ready.
1. Cut the cauliflower and wash it well.
2. Take one pan and boil the water.
3. Add cauliflower in hot water and boil it for 5 minutes.
4. Now off the flame and drain the water from cauliflower, keep it aside.
5. Cut onion, tomato, coriander leaves and green chilli.
6. Make the smooth puree of onion ginger, tomato and garlic.
7. Take one deep pan and heat the oil.
8. Fry boiled cauliflower for 2 minutes and take out of pan. keep fried cauliflower aside.
9. Heat the oil and add mustered seeds.
10. Add curry leaves in hot oil. Let it splutter their aroma.
11. Now add green chili.
12. It is time to add chopped onion. Fry well and then add tomato, onion, ginger and garlic puree in it. Fry it well.
13. Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt in it, fry this mixture well.
14. Fry until oil release from the masala mixture.
15. Add 3 cup water and coriander leaves, let it boil.
16. Now add fried cauliflower in this gravy and let it boil for 5-7 minutes.
17. Now cauliflower curry is ready. Serve this with roti, bhakri or rice. I like to eat this preparation with steamed rice.
18. Serve it with hot steam rice and salad.
- If you don’t like to eat spicy or have some health problem then use minimum red chili powder.
- you can use green chili or red chili powder either.
- Cauliflower curry is go well with stem rice, roti or bhakri, but if you are in hurry then stem rice is best option for you.
- you can also pore lemon juice on the cauliflower if you like.
- Don’t forget to serve salad.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.