Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils Recipe (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal)
Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils Recipe (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal) – Here are the step by step image instructions to make Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils Recipe (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal) at home.
Dal rice is an instant and simple food pot to cook and also suitable for lunch or dinner. When I ate this dal for the first time, I had a papad with this dal. Really, roasted papad gives this dal a slightly different taste.
- Dal Rice Recipe
- Ukadiche Modak Recipe | 2 Naivedhyam Recipes
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
- Bread Rasmalai Recipe
- Brinjal Masala Recipe-1
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Safed Matar Recipe
In my house, my aunt always cooks this dal. Lau dal will be her obvious menu if someone is ill in the family. Bottle gourd is also good for kidney patients. This vegetable is very light and easy to digest.
One can drink lauki juice too. Basically, I love to eat lauki ki Dal. Making lau with masoor dal is really very easy to make and less time consuming.
There are some ingredients which are essential to make this delicious dal. In that Ajwain and black cumin plays a vital role. Do not forget to add it. Combine lau dal with hot steam rice, also serve green chili, Papad, onion and lemon with it.
- 250 gram lau | Lauki | Bottle Gourd | Calabash
- 1/2 bowl Masoor dal | Split red Lentils
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1 tsp kalo jeere | Black Cumin | Fennel flower
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 green chilies
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/3 small bowl coriander leaves
Process to Make Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils Recipe (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal)
- Step 1:- Firstly, wash the lau and peel the skin of lau. Then cut the lau in medium size cubes. Wash this lau cubes under running water.
- Step 2:- Now take Masoor dal or Moong dal and roast it on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Step 3:- Now add water in dal and cook it 60%. Add chopped lau cubes In 60% cooked dal. Let it cook too.
- Step 4:-Lau cubes and dal is cooked now, put it in one bowl. heat the oil add dry red chili and let the chili fry.
- Step 5:- Now add Kalo jeere (black cumin) and Ajwain in the oil. Let it splutter their aroma. Mix the dal and lau cubes well with help of hand blender. Then add this dal and lau cubes in the oil. mix well.
- Step 6:- Add turmeric powder and 2 green chilies in the dal. Also add salt as per taste and mix all together. Let the dal boil for 5 minutes.
- Step 7:- Pour little amount of ghee and you to go. Lau dal is a best combine with hot steam rice.
This was the process to make ‘Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal) at home’. As it is an instant recipe for lau dal and good for beginners, so the image instructions are important.
Find the step by step image instructions below. You just need to follow the given instructions and healthy and tasty food will be ready in no time.
How to Make Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal) ?
1.Take 1.2 bowl Masoor dal (Split red Lentils).
2.Heat the pan and add masoor dal in it.
3.Roast the dal well.
4.Add 3 glass of water.
5.Cover the pan and cook masoor dal on medium flame.
6.Add 1 green chili in the dal. Let it cook.
7.Take bottle gourd.
8. Peel the skin off.
9.Cut it in medium size cubes.
10.Wash it under running water.
11.Check the dal. It should be 60% cooked.
12.Now add Bottle gourd cubes in the dal.
13.Let it boil.
14.Boil for 5 minutes on medium flame and put it in a bowl.
15. Blend the dal with the help of hand blender. Don’t blend it very soft. Lau cubes should be visible.
16.Heat thee oil.
17.Add dry red chilies.
18.Add kalo jeere (black cumin).
20.Add lau dal, salt and turmeric powder.
21.Add 2 green chilies.
22.Boil it on high flame.
23.Add chopped coriander.
24.Bottle Gourd with Split red Lentils (Lau Diye Bhaja Masoorer Dal) is ready to serve. Serve it with hot steam rice.
This will change the taste of your tongue after eating. A distinctly delicious taste lingers on the tongue. When I first ate this dal, I also ate papad with this dal. Really, roasted papad gives this dal a slightly different taste.
You can serve onion, lemon and green chilies with this lau dal and rice. Remember adding Ajwain in the dal enhances its taste.
I went to Kolkata last year. Actually, I wanted to go there for a wedding, so when I went to a friend’s house to get ready, her mother had made lau dal and rice for me.
The taste of that lau dal rice is very unforgettable. Her mother had made many different vegetables along with the dal and rice as side dishes.
- You can use Moong dal instead of Masoor dal.
- If you do not have an allergy of mustard oil then use mustard oil instead of refined oil.
- Use of mustard oil will enhance the taste of this lau dal.
“Follow government Rules instructions for COVID19 and take care of yourself and your family.”
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make youtube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.