Bengali Aloo Dum Recipe | Dum Aloo Recipe With Fried Eggs | Bengali Food Recipe | Potato Spicy Curry Recipe
Bengali Aloo Dum Recipe | Dum Aloo Recipe With Fried Eggs | Bengali Food Recipe | Potato Spicy Curry Recipe – This is Authentic Bengali style Dum Aloo Recipe. I have already share dum aloo recipe before, but that was a popular dhaba style dum aloo. Now I am sharing taste and authentic Bengali Dum aloo recipe. This recipe is best to combine with Koraishutir Kochuri, luchi or fulka.
- Koraishutir Kochuri Recipe
- Bread Manchurian Recipe
- Omelette Pav Recipe
- Egg Burger Recipe
- French Fries Recipe
- Medu Vada Recipe
- Bombay Sandwich Recipe
- Pani Puri Recipe
- Champakali Recipe
- Khasta Kachori Recipe
In West Bengal, they add boiled and deep fried eggs in this dum aloo. Actually, this is pure traditional Bengali dish. This recipe is a very popular food in every household of west Bengal. It will be easy to you to make Dum Aloo using this recipe. Even a person who has just learned to cook can make this dish very well. I learned this recipe from a Bengali friend of mine. She always tells me that she can’t cook well, but she can cook Bengali Aloo Dum very easily. But I couldn’t believe it, because no one can believe that a girl who makes such a delicious dum aloo can’t make a meal.
I went to her house this February. She had made this dish at the same time. I have no words to compliment that delicacy. She made such a delicious curry that I had never eaten it before. She had made Koraishutir Kochuri with this Dum Aloo.
- 5 Potato
- 5 Eggs
- 6-7 Garlic cloves
- 1 inch pieces of Garlic
- 2 green chili
- 1 Tomato
- 2 Onion
- 1/2 bowl Coriander leaves
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 dry red chili
- 1 piece of 2 inch Cinnamon
- salt as required
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Chicken Masala Powder (optional)
Process to Make Bengali Aloo Dum
- Step 1:- Take aloo (potato) and eggs. Put the eggs and potatoes in the cooker. Add water and make 3 whistles.
- Step 2:- After 3 whistles, set aside the eggs and potatoes to cool. Now chop onion, tomato, coriander leaves, chili and ginger in the middle time. Chop onion, 1 should slightly thicker and the other onion should be finely vertically chopped.
- Step 3:-Now make paste of tomato, thicker chopped onion, ginger and garlic. Make a smooth puree and keep it aside. Gather Whole spices at one place.
- Step 4:- heat the oil. Peel the potatoes and remove the shell of eggs. Now take a tooth peak and make a small small whole in then eggs. It will help to eggs to fry well and the eggs will not break in the oil. Fry Potatoes and eggs and keep it aside.
- Step 5:- Now add cinnamon, dried chili and bay leaves in the oil. let it splutter there aroma in the oil.
- Step 6:-Add chopped green chili and finely chopped onion in oil. Fry it well. Add a little sugar and salt to this onion, mix once again. Adding sugar to the onion makes it very soft and delicious. At the same time, onions come in a nice color. Roast onion well. Now you see the onion turns pink.
- Step 7:- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander powder to this onion. Mix all the ingredients together and fry.
- Step 8:- Now in all these spices, add the onion, tomato, ginger and garlic paste that you made earlier and mix it well. Cook this mixture well, so that the raw smell of tomato, onion, ginger and garlic will not remain in the gravy.
- Step 9:- Now add garam masala powder and chicken masala powder to this mixture. Chicken masala powder is totally optional. Instead of Chicken masala powder one can add ‘Andakari masala powder’. Fry all the mixture well and mix well. Cook the mixture over low heat for a while. Then add a little water and cook till the oil evaporates. As the oil starts to come out, understand that the masala is cooked.
- Step 10:- Now add fried egg mother potato with this spice and mix all the mixture well. Cook the mixture on low flame for a while, cover it and simmer the Bengali Aloo Dum. By doing this, all the spices will be added to the eggs and potatoes. And so this will enhance the taste of Bengali Aloo Dum. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Your Bengali Aloo Dum is ready.
A delicious meal is prepared. You can pair it with fulka, roti, puri, luchi or Koraishutir Kochuri. I have already posted the recipe of Koraishutir Kochuri. Click here for this recipe or you can check also read section just in the start of this post. You can also call this dish a spicy potato vegetable. When I first tasted this dish, I didn’t know if it was Bengali aloo dum or an egg kari (Andakari).
If you are making this dish for the first time, it is easy to make it by looking at the photos. For this, I am sharing this recipe with step by step photo instructions. Just follow this instruction and make your delicious Alur Dom. Here is your step by step image instructions for Aloo Dum.
How to Make Bengali Aloo Dum at Home?
2.Cut it in a two peices.
3.Add it in a cooker also add water.
5.Add this eggs in cooker.
6.Take 3 whistles. boil the egg.
7.Now cut veggies for puree.
8.Add it in a mixer grinder bowl.
9.Make a smooth puree.
10.Cut onion, coriander leaves and green chili.
11.Eggs are boiled.
12.Potato peel. Remove the egg shell. Wash the eggs under running water. This will remove the fine pieces of shell that are attached to the egg. So that the egg shell does not crumble in the curry.
13.Heat the oil.
14.Take a tooth peak.
15.Make hole in the eggs by using tooth peak.
16,Add eggs in the oil.
17.Fry well and keep it aside.
18.Now add boiled potatoes in the oil.
19.Keep it aside.
20.Add whole spices in the oil.
21.Let the spices splutter aroma in the oil then add chopped green chili in the oil.
22.Add finely chopped onion.
23.Add pinch of salt and sugar.
24.Let it fry well.
25.Add turmeric powder.
26.Also Add red chili powder.
27.Add coriander powder.
28.Mix well and add puree which we have made earlier.
29.Mix all together and add garam masala powder in the mixture.
30.Add chicken masala powder.
31.mix all together. Cook till the oil evaporates.
32.Then add a little water and cook till the oil evaporates. Also add salt as per taste.
33.You can see oil is separated from the masala mixture.
34.Add boiled and fried eggs and potato in the masala mixture.
35.Mix all together.
36.Cover and simmer for 5 minutes on low flame.
37.After 5 minutes add coriander leaves in it and aluer dom is ready to serve.
Delicious dish is ready. Everyone can make this dish using this recipe. I have presented the Aloo dum recipe in a very simple way. The first time you make this dish it will feel new and difficult, but the second time you will make this dish very easily. Try this recipe at home and do not forget to share your experience with me.
Combine this delicious dish with fulka, roti, pulao, puri, loochi or Koraishutir Kochuri. If you want there is one more option is available. I have already share coriander pulao and akuner chicken recipe with you. You can make that too. Coriander Jafrani pulao is a best dish to combine with this taste Bengali Aloo Dum.
- Remove the egg shell. Wash the eggs under running water. This will remove the fine pieces of shell that are attached to the egg. So that the egg shell does not crumble in the curry. cut potatoes in the two pieces is optional.
- You can add whole potatoes if you like so.
- If you do not like to eat eggs or you are vegetarian then skip the eggs.
- Be careful while frying eggs and potatoes.
“Follow government instructions for COVID19 and take care of yourself and your family.”
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, want to make youtube videos, then please try to make, write and post your own recipes and travel experience.