3 Momos Recipes with Thukpa Recipe and Momos Chutney Recipe
3 type of momos Recipes at one place | Chicken momos Recipe | Paneer Momos Recipe | Veg Momos Recipe with momos chutney Recipe and Thukpa Recipe | Chicken Soup Recipe
Are you a fond of street food? then, you will be happy after reading this post. Now a days momo is a very trending street food in India. Specially, the youngsters are crazy about it. Momos are a steamed small bag or potli which made with all-purpose flour and it has a stuffing of paneer, veggies or chicken. In the list of the variety of momos, pork momo, mango momo, strawberry momo and chocolate momo are also included. Momos dumplings are really juicy, tasty and soft.
If you ask me about the momos origin, then I would like to tell you that, Momo is the Tibetan food but you will find it quite similar to Chinese dumplings. In Chinese language the meaning of momo is “steamed bread”. Momo is a soft and steam dumplings which is very delicious and juicy in taste. Momos recipe is one of the easy recipe, which you can make easily at home with minimum efforts and ingredients, momos good for health too.
- Aloo Kabli Recipe-Kolkata Street Food
- Kaju Katli Recipe
- Safed Matar Recipe
- Cauliflower Curry Recipe | Flower chi Bhaji
- Pomfret Fry Recipe
- Phirni Recipe | Firni Recipe
- Peb Fort / Vikatgad Trek / Neral / Matheran
Steamed and white color is a traditional face of momo but, nowadays you can see many varieties in it like, fried momo, pan-fried momo, schezwan momo, tandoori momo and so on. If you want to try the varieties of momo then, wow momo is the best place to visit, Do try momo and especially wow momos chutney.
The ingredients are very simple and easily available at home. For making momo outer layer we need all-purpose flour. Chicken momo, paneer momo and veg momo all three types of momo have the same outer layer. So firstly we will start dough making for all type of momos. Means we will knee the dough at one time for every type of momos.
- Serve For : 2 People
- Preparation Time : 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time : 30 Minutes (For each type)
- Total Time : 45 Minutes
- Cuisine : Nepal, Tibet
- Diet : Veg & Non-Vegeterian
- Course : Street Food
Ingredients for momos dough
- 2 cup all-purpose flour / Maida flour
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp oil
- Cold water
Process for making momos dough | Momo ka Ata kesse Gundhe
- Step 1: Take Maida flour in one mixing bowl. Add salt and little about of oil, now mix this well. For making the dough we will going to use cool water.
- Step 2: Take cool water from refrigerator and start kneading the dough using this cool water.
- Step 3: Momos dough is ready. Cover and keep this dough aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
Above is the quick process to make dough for momo. But if someone making momos first time at home, then visualization is very important. Here I am providing you the step by step instructions to make dough for momo.
How to prepare a Momos Dough?
This is step by step image instructions for Momos dough making. For every type of momo preparation, you will need the same dough or making dough for all type of momos have the same process.
1.Take Maida in one mixing bowl.
2.Take cool water in glass.
3.Make soft dough. Keep dough aside and rest it for 15 to 20 minutes.
Dough for momos are ready. Using cool water for making dough is very important, because cool water make the dough firm and momo will not break. Try it😇. Firstly we will going to make chicken momos and for that purpose we will need stuffing. So let’s start to make stuffing for chicken momos.
1.Chicken Momos Recipe
We are making 3 type of momos today, the first one is Chicken momo. If you are thinking making chicken momos at home is very hard, then read this post and follow the step by step image instructions and your juicy and tasty chicken momos will be ready in minutes.
Ingredients for Chicken Momos Stuffing
- 500 gram boneless chicken
- 1 Big chopped onion
- 2 tbsp black paper
- 1 chopped green chili
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 6-7 chopped Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
Process for Chicken Momos
- Step 1: Firstly, take boneless chicken in one mixing bowl and clean it well. Now make kheema out of this boneless chicken. Means add chicken pieces in mixer grinder bowl and grind it, make kheema out of it.
- Step 2: Chop onion and green chili. Add this into the grinned chicken. Also add black paper.Now add chopped garlic and 1 tsp of ghee and sprinkle a little amount of salt. Mix all together. Keep it aside.
- Step 3: We already knead a momo dough. So now take this dough and make small ball of it. Roll the round dish and put stuffing in the center. Now deep your fingers in water and start giving shape to momo by bringing the edges in the center, making small pleats. Always ensure that pleats are tight. Give a leaf shape to Chicken Momos. If you are confused then see the chicken momos images.
- Step 4:Take a steamer and grease the plate with oil. Place all momo in the plate with minimum distance so the momos do not stick together. Place plate in a steamer and steam momo for 15 minutes. Chicken momo are ready to serve.
Above is the process for chicken momos. If someone making momo first time, then visualization is very important. So follow the below image instruction and make delicious chicken momos at home.
How to Make Chicken Momos? | Chicken Momos kese Banaye?
Follow the step by step image instructions and your chicken momo will be ready in minutes.
1.Take boneless chicken pieces. Wash it well.
2.Now grind the chicken pieces.
3.Add Ghee, Chopped onion, salt and black salt in this chicken Kheema.
4.Mix it well.
5.Add oil and keep it aside.
6. We already knead momo dough and have kept it aside before this. Now take one small ball out of the dough and flatten it on rolling board.
7.Roll the round disk.
8.Place stuffing in center.
9.Now make a pleats using thump and finger.
10. Join the edges and give a shape like a leaf to the momos. See the Chicken momos images for shape.
11.Take steamer and grease the plate with oil.
12.Place chicken momos on this plate and steam it for 15 minutes on low to medium flame.
13. Chicken momos are ready.
Hey yeeiiipeee! 😀Chicken momos are ready. But yes we need a very spicy chutney with this juicy momos. Don’t worry here you will get the best recipe for momos chutney. Just scroll the page and you will get best recipe for spicy momo chutney. Before this we will make Veg Momos. So our next recipe is Veg momos recipe.
2.Veg Momos Recipe
There are many varieties available in momos, variety means the stuffing is different while making a different type of momos but yes citing is the same. Momos are not tasty only it is healthy too. Here in this veg momo recipe, I am using onion, cabbage, green chilli, capsicum and carrot. You can use another veggie also but as I am sharing with you the basic and popular street food veg momos recipe so I am using the veggies which I have mentioned before. So let’s start to make Veg Momos.
Ingredients for Veg Momos Recipe
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1/2 bowl chopped cabbage
- 2 chopped Capsicum (Small Size)
- 1 finally chopped
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped Ginger
- 2 tbsp black paper
Process for Veg Momos Recipe
- Step 1: Firstly cut all the veggies finely. Now take this all finely chopped veggies in one mixing bowl and add chopped ginger and garlic in this veggies. Also add salt, oil and black paper. Mix all together very well. Keep it aside.
- Step 2: We already kneaded momos dough. Make a small ball out of the dough and flatten with the rolling pin. Roll the small round disk and place stuffing of the veggies in the centre. Now Bring edges to centre by making the tight pleats. Use your thumb and finger to pinch together the edges. Give shape like bag or potli, see the shape given in Veg momos images.
- Step 3: Now take a steamer and grease the plate with oil. Place all momo in the plate with minimum distance so the momo should not stick together. Place plate in a steamer and steam momo for 15 minutes. Healthy veg momos are ready to serve.
Above is the process for Veg momos. If someone making momos first time, then visualization is very important. So follow the below image instruction and make healthy Veg momos at home.
How to make Veg Momos?
Follow tht step by step image instructions and your Veg momo will be ready in few minutes.
1.Cut all the veggies.
2.Take one mixing bowl add all chopped veggies in it.
3. Also add salt, sugar, black paper and ghee in it.
3.Mix it well and keep it aside.
4.Make small ball out of the momos dough and flatten it.
5.Roll round disk with the help of the roll pin.
6.Place stuffing in the center.
7.Now make pleats with the help of your thumps and finger.
8. Join the pleats and edges. Give shape like potli or bag.
9.Take steamer plate and grease it with the oil.
10. Place Veg Momos in the plate.
11.Place the plate in the steamer and stem for 15 minutes.
12. Veg Momos are ready to serve.
Veg nomos are ready to serve. Spicy momos chutney is the best combination to have with this veg momo. You can also enjoy “thupka” with this hot momo and spicy, tangy momo chutuny. In North India momos are very famous street food. I ate Darjeeling momo when I visited to north India first time. The juiciness of momos was incredibly good and for spicy momo chutney I do not have words to explain my experience. It is just wow! I am sharing with you momo chutney and thukpa recipe too. But now it is time to make paneer momo. So let’s get started!
3.Paneer Momos Recipe
As I told earlier in this post there are many varieties in stuffings, so how can we forget paneer. Paneer momo is one of the famous veg strre food item, which not only tasty but healthy also. So let’s start to make paneer momos.
Ingredients for Paneer Momos Recipe
- 100 gram Paneer
- 2 chopped onion
- 1/2 bowl chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 bowl chopped cabbage
- 1/2 Bowl Capsicum
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp oil
Process for Paneer Momos Recipe
- Step 1: Cut all the veggies. Take one mixing bowl. Add all chopped veggies and crumbled paneer in it. Also add black paper, salt and oil in it. Mix it well. Keep it aside.
- Step 2: Now out momos dough is ready. Make a small ball out of the dough and flatten with the rolling pin. Roll the small round disk and place stuffing of the veggies in the center. Now Bring edges to center by making the tight pleats for half of the circle. Use your thump and finger to pinch together the the edges and make a pleats. Give shape like half circle and half pleats, if you are confused then give shape like showed in Paneer momos images. Make all Paneer momo.
- Step 3: Take steamer and grease the plate with oil. Place paneer momo in the plate and steam them for 15 minutes. Check after 15 minutes, momo are ready to serve.
Above is the process to make paneer momo, now I am sharing with you the step by step image instruction to make paneer momo at 🏡 home. Because if you are making paneer momo first time then it is very important to have image instruction with you. Check the below step by step image instructions for paneer momo.
How to Make Paneer Momos?
This is the step by step image instruction to make paneer momo at home. You have to follow the few steps and your healthy paneer momo will be ready in minutes.
1.Firstly take a crumbled paneer in one bowl.
2.Chop all the veggies.
3.Now add this veggies in crumbled paneer.
4.Add salt, oil and black paper in this bowl.
5.Mix it well and keep it aside.
6.We already kneaded a momo dough. Make small ball out of it.
7.Roll a round disk.
8.Place stuffing of paneer and veggies in the center.
9.Make a pleats half of the circle and join this by pressing on half side plane circle. Do this with all remaining momo.
10.It will look like, as shown in the paneer momos images.
11. Take steamer and Greece the plate with oil.
12.place all momo in the plate. Steam paneer momo on low to medium flame for 15 minutes. Check after 15 minutes.
16.Paneer momos are ready now.
17.Serve it with thupka and spicy, tangy momos chutney.
Here all momos are ready. Serve this momo with spicy chutney and thukpa. Momos are very famous in Darjeeling. I went to Darjeeling in March 2019, the food was amazing and especially I like momo, chutney and dal rice with sag. If you want to make Darjeeling momos at home then read the recipe and cook it 😍, enjoy the Darjeeling momo at home.
Now with this delicious momo recipes thukpa and chutney is also equally important. Do not worry, here I am sharing with you the very easy recipe for thukpa and momo chutney. You do not need professional skills to do so, just the follow steps as given here in the post and your thukpa and chutney will be ready in minutes. So let’s start to make first, chutney for momos!
4.Spicy Chutney for Momos Recipe
Momo sauce or red momo chutney is delicious preparation of boiled tomatoes and dry red chilies. This very tasty chutney which is very suitable for every type of momos. Making momko chutuny is very easy and less time consuming. Here I am sharing with you a very easy recipe for momos chutuny.
Ingredients for momos Chutney
- 3 Tomatoes
- 4-5 Dry red chillies
- 1 tsp dark soya sauce
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Warm water
Process to make Momo Chutney
- Step 1: Firstly boil the water add add dry red chili in it. Soak it in water for 10 minutes. Take tomatoes and mark plus sign on it. Heat the water and add tomato, soaked red chili in the hot water. Cover it and boil it on the medium flame.
- Step 2: Chop onion, garlic and ginger. Heat the oil and add ginger, garlic in the oil. Temper the oil with ginger and garlic, add chopped onion. Fry all together.
- Step 3: Check tomatoes are boiled or not. If it is boiled then you can see the skin of tomato is separated from it. Off the flame and remove the skin of tomatoes. Now add this boiled tomato, soya sauce and red chili in this fried onion, mix it well.
- Step 4: After frying the mixture well turn off the flame and let it cool. After 5 to 7 minutes add this all mixture in mixer grinder bowl, also add salt. Grind it, make smooth paste out if it. Momos chutney is ready.
Above is the process for momo chutuny. But as I told you earlier, if you are making for momo chutney this first time then image instructions for cooking is very important. Then follow below image instructions.
How to make Momos Chutney?
Follow the steps and momo chutny will be ready in minutes.
1.Cut ginger, garlic and onion.
2.soak dry red chili in warm water for 10 minutes.
3.Mark the plus sign cut on tomatoes.
4.Heat the water and tomato, soaked red chili in it.
5.Boil it on medium flame until the skin of tomato will separate from it.
6. Heat the oil, add ginger and garlic in it. Fry it well.
7.Now add chopped onion. Fry it well.
8.Add Dark soya sauce.
9.Take tomato and red chili out of the water. Remove the skin of tomato.
10. Add tomato in the fried onion, ginger and garlic.
11. Also add red boiled red chili. Fry this all together for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir it continuously.
13.After 15 minutes off the flame and let the mixture cool. Now mixture is cool. Add this on mixer grinder bowl. Grind it very very smooth.
15. Chutney for momos is ready.
You can serve the chutney cool or hot. basically I love to eat hot momos with cool chutney. You can decorate this chutney with drip of soya sauce and chopped spring onion. In my house my husband like to have thupka with momos. He is crazy about it.You can make thukpa veg by adding veggies and you can make non- veg thukpa by adding cube or pieces of the chicken. Here you will get the very easy recipe for non-veg thukpa. Recipe is easy but taste is very much delicious. So let’s start to make thukpa!
Thukpa is famous veggies and noodle soup in North India. Not only in north India but in Nepal, Bhutan and also in the Sikkim, Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. Today I am sharing with you my own recipe which I always use to make thukpa. Here I am not using noodles as my husband do not like to eat noodles in thupka. Basically if you visit Kolkata then you will get this type of thukpa to eat. I am making this thupka with some whole spices and veggies.
Ingredients for Thupka Recipe
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 pieces of chicken
- 1/2 bowl chopped spring onion
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 bowl chopped cabbage
- 1 Capsicum
- 2 green chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 clove
- 1 dry red chili
- 2 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp oil
Process to make Thupka
- Step 1: Chop the veggies and heat the oil. Add bay leaf l, red chili and gloves in it. Temper the oil with it. Now add water and boil for some time.
- Step 2: Now add chopped veggies in the water and mix it well. Also add chicken pieces, black pepper powder and salt. Mix well and let it boil for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Now sieve this soup and garnish chopped green onion. Serve this hot thukpa with momos and spicy chutney.
Above is the process for thukpa. But as I told you earlier in above veg momo, paneer momo, chicken momo and momos chutney recipe, image instructions are really very important if you are making this recipes first time.
How to Make Thukpa?
This is the step by step image instructions for thukpa recipe. You have to follow the steps and thukpa will be ready in minutes.
2.Heat the oil and add bay leaf, clove and dry red chili.
4. Now add chopped veggies and chicken pieces. Mix well.
5.Add salt and black pepper.
6. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Thukpa / Soup is ready.
Healthy thukpa is ready to serve. Serve this hot thukpa with chilled chutney and hot, soft, juicy momos. Type of momos are not a bar. You can cook veg momo, chicken momo or paneer momo. Enjoy the all type of momos recipe at one place.
- Always remember do not add soya souse in momo stuffing, it will make an bad effect on the taste of the momo.
- You can add noodles in the thupka. Just boil the noodles and add it in boiled thukpa.
- You can add veggies whichever you like.
- If you want spicy chutney then add more dry red chili.
- Adding oil in stuffing make stuffing very juicy. So add oil in every stuffing.
“Thanks for reading! Share your feedback, leave your comments in comment box.“Hey friends, if you want something new and special dish then post your dish name in comment box and I will definitely provide you the recipe”.
“Good People, Good Thoughts, Good Karma”
All content and images are the copyright of akuner.com. All recipes are tried and tasted, if you are really want to post a recipes or travel post, please try to make, write and post your own recipes and Travel experience.
11 thoughts on “3 Momos Recipes with Thukpa Recipe and Momos Chutney Recipe”
They all look yummy! Thank you for sharing the recipes and great pictures!
Hey….thank you so much…this is delicious too..try this recipe at home and share your experience 😍 I would love to hear from you…
thank you for this 🙂 momos are VERY popular in switzerland too .. so glad to have the receipes now.. i’ll still order them from our tibetian take-away mind you, but .. perhaps i might try making some myself 🙂
and thanks for liking my posts and following my blog 🙂
Ohh… Welcome.. I think you would love too make this at home as it is really very easy recipe… Do not forget to share your feedback.. Thank you very much for the comment… Your comment made my day 😇 love to see you again.
You are more than welcome!
I love this recipe 😍😍👌👌
Thank you so much bhagyashri… Will love to see you again 😇
“PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO EAT & TRAVEL ARE ALWAYS GOOD PEOPLE!”
Yep. The best. Stay safe.
Ohh.. Thank you so much.. Happy to see you here😇
Thank you for following my blog!
you’re Welcome. Hope you would love to explore mine too.